What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playfield Alignment ToM

Eddie Twadds

Registered
Collective Pinballinfo wisdom needed.

Finally dropped my replacement playfield in my ToM resto. This replaces the original knackered PF.

Trouble is, that it doesn’t align correctly.

When you raise the PF and pull it forward to lock the hinge, the left one engages first and the right one then needs a good pull to lock it in place. Because of this, the PF is mis-aligned and the rear, right of the back-board at the back of the playfield drags down my newly painted cabinet.

There is no adjustment on the cabinet mounting brackets and the playfield hinges are located into T nuts so no play in these.

Can anyone suggest best way forward? Options include:
  • Drilling larger screw holes in the hinge mechanism, so that it can be adjusted slightly to give some adjustment on one side.
  • Shaving the backboard slightly to stop the dragging.
  • New hinge (but as they are all the same, can’t see how this would help).
Input appreciated.
Martin

Are you sure that it's not your cabinet that is slightly skewed, causing this? I had a similar problem to what this sounds like in the past, and found that lifting the front of the cabinet and moving it either to the left or to the right a little bit relative to the back made the cabinet a more perfect rectangle (when viewed from above) rather than a parallelogram. If you have had the playfield out the cabinet could have become skewed when it was moved. Just a thought before you go shaving or drilling...

Last edited:
That's a really good shout. I'll investigate tonight and see if it's cabinet related (fingers crossed).

No luck on cabinet shape. All seems true and square. Playfield still sticks and drags. Next...

Back
Top Bottom