What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

Play Pinball for Caz - 7th April

OK People a Medway club member has very kindly bought a brand new LG TV from John Lewis with a 5 year warranty
43 " the exact 1 below.

We are raffling it off at £1 a ticket, £5 for 7 tickets, and £10 for 15 tickets

All money for this event goes to Kaz's Cancer Charity, so dig deep and send your money to her charity page with Raffle as a note and if you win we will through this great pinball community get the tv to you .

Raffle will be held on the day of the tournament

image0.jpeg

Thank you to everyone who has donated or bought raffle tickets - The total has gone past my target and we haven't had the tournament yet 😍
Still plenty of spaces though and we desperately need more ladies please 🩷

1711715410901.png

Thank you so much to everyone who came today and helped me raise over £2000 for cancer research. The additional donations from today are going to sponsor Caz's son Tyrone to run for life in Regents park next month.
I am grateful to @Matt Vince and Claire @Lecari for the tournaments, to Tony @mission65 and Vicky, and not forgetting the tireless Mark Chaters for help with everything else. Thanks to @Big Phil, Matt and Gary for the raffle prizes and sorry if I've missed anyone.

I have struggled to get through some days since losing Caz but helping to defeat cancer helps me too.

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_211756.jpg
    IMG_20240407_211756.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG20240407162058.jpg
    IMG20240407162058.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG20240407162110.jpg
    IMG20240407162110.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG20240407121326.jpg
    IMG20240407121326.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 53
Huge thanks to Mike, Tony and Vicky for a great weekend at Medway. It's heart-warming to hear Mike was able to raise so much for charity.

Also thanks to Matt for running the pingolf ( and knocking me out 😔) and Claire for running the ladies comp.

Last edited:
Great pics Conrad! Another great day at Medway, and for such a worthwhile cause. Massive thanks to Tony, Vick, Matt, and especially Mike for a fantastic tribute to Caz. ❤️
Sorry to miss you Andy! Happy birthday for next weekend. I was there but didn’t see u!

Another great day @Medway Pinball Club, Thanks to Mike, Tony & Vickie for hosting and to Claire for organising and running the Ladies competition.

Whilst we all wish the charity event wasn't derived from such sad circumstances, I believe that over two thousand pounds was raised for Cancer Research UK which goes to show not only what a great bunch of people we have in this hobby but also how much affection we all had for Caz!

In less important matters, there was also a PinGolf competition held throughout the day.

After 18 holes of PinGolf the Leaderboard looked like this:

1712587877805.png
1712587912333.png

(Par was set at 72 for reference)

Stan won the tie break for 4th place and joined Myself, Leo & Nathan in getting a bye for the 1st round of finals.

As the top 12 progressed into the finals, we had a 3-way tie breaker for 12th between Bob, Chris and Ian which needed 2 games to settle but in the end Ian progressed to the finals.

PinGolf scoring was used for head-to head best of 3 matches which meant that many 'holes' were tied.

1712588406106.png

Brad, Andy, Conrad & Kev progressed to round 2 to play the highest seeds from qualifying.

1712588482768.png

Round 2 saw Brad get revenge over Stan for winning the 4th place tie breaker and some great play saw Leo, Nathan & Myself join Brad in the semi finals.

1712588627345.png

The Semi finals saw Myself and Nathan progress into the final. Brad and Leo played off for 3rd place and a trophy in Which Brad came out on top.

1712588752498.png

The final saw Nathan crowned as Champion and was well deserved with some great play throughout the day!

1712619656267.png

Thank you to everyone that supported in person or online!!

A fantastic day, huge thanks to Matt, Mike, Vicky, Tony, Claire and everyone who helped out. Machines were kept running and spotless all day long :) and great to raise so much for charity too. Thrilled to come away with the win (and a Raffle mug too of course!)

Big thank you to Helen, Vickie, Sarah, Lucy and Katie for taking part in the ladies Max Matchplay event - it was great fun and I'm glad we could make it happen.

The results were:
1st: Claire (me!)
2nd: Lucy Vince
3rd: Katie Vince
4th: Sarah Vince
5th: Helen Swaffield
6th: Vickie Molloy

Everyone played each other 3 times, so everyone had 15 games each. There was a tie for 3rd between Katie, Sarah and Helen, so they had a 1 game playoff on Star Wars.

Thanks so much to @Mike Parkins, Matt, Tony and Vickie for all your hard work to organise the day. It was certainly strange to be at Medway without Caz, and she won't be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom