What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play Glasgow 8-9 June

Still up in the air chaps, however still hoping to get along... :)[emoji1303]

You can still buy a ticket from us at the weekend . My number is 07703 299943 and I can come out and give you it or send it to your email address - they are slightly discounted and give you early entry at 10 am as opposed to the general public queuing up to buy a ticket
Ailsa Clunie
Scottish pinball association

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tickets still available for Play Glasgow if anyone wanted to wait till the last minute hoping for good weather.

The weather this weekend is good for staying inside and playing pinball, well it is up here anyway.

You can get them from the link below
www.scottishpinball.org.uk

We look forward to seeing you there.

Well done Phil. Looks a lovely example. An underrated game imo.
I shall look forward to having a few games on it tomorrow.
Cheers
Mark

A P O S I will burn at the next available time, possibly today here in glasgow in 9 hours time.Flipper football won btw

09d2d3b9c9498ff1619be49b186f22cc.jpg

92778cbdfcf709b7e58f9ae4df2d25ca.jpg

And a couple of dubious looking characters...
d98c0a8e7bd9c4d4cd547b8b87b330ca.jpg

db5decad8078d5ef603ca33c3cd6c035.jpg

Forgot my passport tho, so may be a bit of a mare getting back.... and these nosebleeds haven’t stopped yet [emoji1787][emoji1303]

Seriously tho, is great to be here and see some familiar faces [emoji3]
They'll not allow you across the border without a passport these days! You'll need to be smuggled across by the NLP team! 😂

Well I made it through for a few hours this morning. Wasn't disappointed. A great line up of pins.
A few highlights,
I forgot how much fun Demo man is. You also forget the sheer mass of that and JD is when they sit next to a newer Stern. I've never seen a JJP wide body but I'd imagine they are just as massive.

Flipper Football was a glorious looking example and a pretty fun game. Unless Green isn't your colour.

First time playing a Creature. Again really fun and the whirlpool ramp is really cool.

Avatar has a cool bash toy but that magnet is wild to say the least. A much better game than the artwork would suggest.

Pick of the show had to be Airborne for me. Glad I made it through to have a game. It would cost a small fortune in metal polish to keep it looking good. But lots of fun shots, especially when you lock a ball under the ramp.

Was gutted not to get a shot of Taxi. @Poibug was working hard on it the whole time I was there to get it going but unfortunately wasn't to be before I left.
Didn't manage to talk to anyone (mixture of busyness and shyness) but I was impressed with Robin helping set up a game for some kids. Overall just happy to see so many kids enjoying them.
Well done lads and Lassies.
Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
Just left Bonnie Scotland, crossed the border.Gods country still about 3 1/2 hours away 😁
Thanks all, great weekend, lovely people, great hospitality.
Shame some of those pin snags baffled me, but will have the Metallica board looked at, and have it back to ya for NERG, hopefully same 're the EM pin, if David can work his magic.
So, another NLP tour of duty nearly over.
Hilight was a pint of real ale for a paltry £1.79😲

Just left Bonnie Scotland, crossed the border.Gods country still about 3 1/2 hours away 😁
Thanks all, great weekend, lovely people, great hospitality.
Shame some of those pin snags baffled me, but will have the Metallica board looked at, and have it back to ya for NERG, hopefully same 're the EM pin, if David can work his magic.
So, another NLP tour of duty nearly over.
Hilight was a pint of real ale for a paltry £1.79😲
@Poibug I thought you'd of learned by now God has two countries that are equally great he had to put a wasteland between them so that everyone know how good his countries actually are!

Thanks for all your help and donations when your up here (that's also goes to Daz and Mark) this show wouldn't be the same without the help we get from our pinball family at NLP, NERG, Carl & Gillian, and more locally with Eric (Paisley Pinball) and @John Beveridge .

If I've missed anyone out I can only apologise, its late.

I think the long distance prize this year goes to none other than @Paul, good to see you up here and thanks for coming along to our wee show.

This year we supported Get Well Gamers who had a great time and are already looking forward to getting involved with us again in the future.

Thanks again everyone as these shows take a lot of organising and hard work to pull together but we can't do it without the support of the of you all in the community.

I'm off now so safe travelling to anyone still out on the road till next time.

That’s us home and last van on its way to Dundee . This was our best play expo Glasgow yet - better organised and more competitions .
Just want to thank mark, Darren and Chris for their hard work and generosity in keeping our machines playing all weekend especially the NBA’s for the competition - you guys are amazing - thanks also to Philip Murphy and Paisley Pinball for bringing a van full and all the other donators . Lovely to meet faces to well known names and to meet up with old friends . Absolutely knackered but looking forward to NERG.

Stuck on a bloody motorway now.12miles from home😥Going nowhere

"Don't know where we're going, Got no way of knowing, Driving on the Road to Nowhere, Sponging for a living, Checkin' out the women, Riding on the Road to Nowhere... And we don't take **** from anyone, The only thing we wanna do is have some fun, It's Max and Paddy, Paddy and Max, And best of all we don't pay council tax".

That’s us home and last van on its way to Dundee . This was our best play expo Glasgow yet - better organised and more competitions .
Just want to thank mark, Darren and Chris for their hard work and generosity in keeping our machines playing all weekend especially the NBA’s for the competition - you guys are amazing - thanks also to Philip Murphy and Paisley Pinball for bringing a van full and all the other donators . Lovely to meet faces to well known names and to meet up with old friends . Absolutely knackered but looking forward to NERG.

Donated my AFM via NLP so hopefully you got to play it, if not then I am donating it for NERG show via NLP again so you'll get a chance to play it there ;)

Donated my AFM via NLP so hopefully you got to play it, if not then I am donating it for NERG show via NLP again so you'll get a chance to play it there ;)
It played really nice. I saw that John Parkins had the top score on it. A decent one if I remember correctly.

Reactions: JMP

Thanks Steve - it looked great but unfortunately I did not play any machines apart from during the nba competition [emoji3]. As Mark Robinson keeps telling me - ‘ you shouldn’t have time to play at your show ‘ [emoji3][emoji3]. Will have a shot at Nerg I am sure - thank you , we appreciated all the donations

Mark never does because he is always talking 😁 and tbh I never do as I am always tombolaing (new word :rolleyes:)
Mark always talking, have you met Ailsa? 😂🤣😂

Unfortunately I never got to play it either, it always had someone playing it whenever I was taking a walk around.

It's always good to get different titles at the show so thanks for lending it to us even though you couldn't make it up yourself, it's greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom