What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

play field wear

magic

Registered
Hi

have a Cyclone pin,it has wear around the pop bumpers,its down to the wood iam in 2 minds as to pull the mylar off,its bad and the inserts need work.what I need to know is the best way to solve the problem,is there any thing like colored mylar to insert around the bumpers I know I can get clear mylar,but i am looking for something to cover the bare wood....

Thanks

cheers

You can't get coloured mylar as far as I'm aware and the best way to solve the wear problem would be to fill and paint but this isn't an easy job as I think Cyclone is a grey pf so colour matching will be difficult. Also bear in mind that pulling the mylar on a game of that age could (and most likely will) result in more paint coming off and therefore more touch up work. Unless you fancy a reasonably long haul restoration job then pulling the mylar could be more of a headache than you want, if it's not too bad then you could just ignore it and play your game :)

Coloured Mylar pop bumper circles are available in basic colours. I don't have any, but there is a stash at old pins anon hq.

Not sure they're commonly available. Just a load if old ones at pins Anon. I need to go there at some point, I'll take a look for them.

You could always get the shapes/colour you need cut out of sign decal vinyl and clear mylar over the lot, may give you more scope as to colour match.

thanks for the input,the game will never be mint,I just want to make it playable with out making it worse
cheers

Back
Top Bottom