What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play Expo Manchester May 4th 5th 2019

No Play Expo at Event City, Manchester, this year. Just a smaller event in Blackpool organised by Replay with NLP attending, 50 pins? Think there is already a thread about it :thumbs:

It is in the place formerly known as the GMEX. I lived opposite this place for 12 years. This is a much better venue imho, IF there is a fair deal on car parking.

The normal venue at the Trafford Centre is all mainstream shop and restaurant chains. In contrast the GMEX is right in the very centre of Manchester so you can experience something more real. A fantastic night out awaits.

Interested in going but not a huge fan of the change of dates. October always worked pretty well for me but I can see this clashing with a shedload of other stuff that we'll most likely have going on at home.

Oh well, guess we'll see.

Play expo 19 new venue looks good but hotel prices seem a bit minty, any one found any half decent but not too costly?

Even day it was announced forced to look a mile away and just got a room before it sold out . Hope we can put together a good showing of star wars pins for this one!

We've still nothing officially confirmed for this yet. A lot of whether it happens or not depends on you guys, the pinball community. I know it's an old line, but these shows can't happen without a massive amount of support from people bringing their games to the shows. Whether it's just one in the back of the car, or a whole van load. Every single pin is massively appreciated.

Equally, we need people to spread the word to friends and family that events like this are going on. Those people probably don't have pins, but can still contribute by buying tickets and further spreading the word. We rely on ticket sales to generate funds for charity

So all that being the case, let's see your support for our Blackpool show in October before we make any decisions on the May show. We're still trying to gather 50 or so pins for that one, and ticket sales are a bit slower than previous years, so please spread the word

Pin loaners: http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...28th-oct-pinball-machine-pledge-thread.40565/

Tickets: www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone

Good luck with the show in October. I had hoped to make it along because fostering means that I can typically only get to one show per year. Alas this time around it coincides with some especially challenging situations at home which mean i'm going to have to miss it.

I'm already signed up for Play Expo next May so will keep my fingers crossed that NLP are there. I'll go along either way but it'd be fab to see the usual line-up of machines.

Being may 4th could we try and break a fun record for most star wars pins at an event . I could pledge 3 (de / trilogy / ep1) to get the ball rolling . Would be fun to create a big disturbance in the pinball force ?

Any news on NLP going to this yet chaps ?

EDIT - and if so parking is a rip off £60 for 3 nights at prem Inn, so as a thought to help a little, would pin loaners be able to leave their vehicles at the venue for the duration of the show - might be somethign worth looking into ?

Last edited:
Would be good to know if this is going to have a big pinball session or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any news on NLP going to this yet chaps ?

EDIT - and if so parking is a rip off £60 for 3 nights at prem Inn, so as a thought to help a little, would pin loaners be able to leave their vehicles at the venue for the duration of the show - might be somethign worth looking into ?
Any news on this chaps @replicas , @Poibug @Wizcat

Back
Top Bottom