What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic Scans

Gozzle

Registered
Had an hour long chat with Rick from Planetary Pinball yesterday as I want to reinvent BallsOfSteel and he holds the Bally/Williams license.

Well to cut a long story short, he wouldn't budge. I was trying to get him to allow the scans of plastics which aren't or won't be reproduced at least. Even this was turned down. But he had good reason:

Rick is going to start offering a one off plastic reproduction service, whereby he can produce any plastic for anyone on his newly acquired plastic printer (which prints on plastic - yes even the white backing) combined with a laser cutter. So if he were to allow those unusual plastics to be made available as a scan on line, he would be taking away his own business. The quality is never going to be as good as screen printed plastics, but it'll definitely be an improvement over home made stuff....

As such I strongly recommend the administrators of this forum remove the plastic scan download area: if Rick ever sees it, he'll jump on the site and close down the whole thing - even if there are no scans in it.

And I really would hate to see this site go - it's looking good!

Cheers!

Goz

Back
Top Bottom