What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound - that is the question

Anton

Registered
First question - do you or don't you
Second - judge dredd or roadshow
Third - anyone got one who wants to free up some money

Discuss.......

I personally think a Colour DMD is the best upgrade. Pinsound is good but from what I've seen it can be buggy. Guess it depends on the quality of the music samples..

I've owned both. Judge Dredd is good fun but Roadshow is so much better. It was my last Bally/Williams to leave. Such a fun game with loads of varied shots.

I've owned both. Judge Dredd is good fun but Roadshow is so much better. It was my last Bally/Williams to leave. Such a fun game with loads of varied shots.
I have both, I meant which one to put Pinsound in!

If you want a huge improvement to sound get a cheap active sub ( if you haven't already). Makes a huge difference.

If you want a huge improvement to sound get a cheap active sub ( if you haven't already). Makes a huge difference.
Yep, New Forest helping us there as always.

Does have a shaker also so thing is probably going to walk across lounge!

Well I have an RS with a pinsound board in it as well as one of those slightly better backbox speakers that someone was selling on here a while ago (apologies - I have forgotten who you are).

The sound quality is absolutely incredible. I have added a few extra sounds like some of the hill-bill country sounds from Whoa Nellie (using Pinball Browser) which is much higher quality sound anyway and fits in with the theme, and also added a few callouts from other Lawlor (and other) machines that play at the appropriate time. (So when you get an extra ball you sometimes get the extra ball callout from TAF or TZ, or even the Extra Ball! from WH20. Or when the police are chasing you in one of the modes you occasionally get "Pull Over" or "Run a make on licence plate KINGPIN" from Getaway etc etc.)

And when you get jackpot and Carlene Carter sings Everything Little Thing in bassy, meaty stereo I sometimes wet myself a little...

The ColorDMD for RS is great, but if you have the cash then a pinsound board is a fantastic extra

Last edited:
I have one in my JD . buy one, try it in both see what you like the best. these will be made to interchangeable with all tables eventually, so, don't sell the sound board and take it out if you sell your game. ( still waiting for some one to put the the sound track from the new Dredd film in to this)

Pinsound chiefly lives or dies on the quality of the supported mixes available for the machine. I've tried it in LOTR, TAF, TZ, STNG, IJ, GNR and others and was hugely disappointed. However in GNR and IJ it's the making of the machine and makes a huge difference. I've been most disappointed by the TZ mix. In the hands of a professional or semi pro audio engineer, it's an unbeatable bit of kit, that is left in the hand of a mix of enthusiasts chiefly.

First question - do you or don't you
Second - judge dredd or roadshow
Third - anyone got one who wants to free up some money

Discuss.......

Yes I do.

Hmm, Roadshow first (by a hair), here is my mix using all original callouts and sounds, just replaced the awful music;

Then Dredd, again using all the original callouts and sounds, just replaced the music with the Prodigy.

I have both orchestrations if you want them.

Yes I do.

Hmm, Roadshow first (by a hair), here is my mix using all original callouts and sounds, just replaced the awful music;

Then Dredd, again using all the original callouts and sounds, just replaced the music with the Prodigy.

I have both orchestrations if you want them.

I sort of kinda dig the original theme for Judge Dredd, good thing some guy on youtube did a spot on cover

Back
Top Bottom