What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound files

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
I've just put a pinsound board in my JP and have had a total memory loss as to what files I have to load on the memory stick. I have the Jurassic park file and can remember you have to put them on there zipped and let the machine unpack them but do you dump the whole audio file on there or pull out the files (music, SFX etc) separately?

whatever combination I try it doesn't seem to like it.

Any help gratefully received :)

just download directly of the internet and drag onto a usb stick, insert in the pin with the power off and turn the machine on

it takes about 20 minutes to update

Yeah leave em zipped, I know there is a way to unpack the zip so it does it faster but when I did this I left it zipped. 20 minutes is right, which is what it took. You get a nice woman telling you "20%....30%" etc etc. Like anything else when it gets to 100% it seems to be stuck there for ages but it will sort itself, don't get impatient and turn the game off haha.

Thanks guy's

Ok, so I have downloaded it again just to be sure and dragged the whole file onto the formatted usb stick but it says "there are no sound files on the usb drive"

I have used 2 different sticks and formatted them in both NTFS and Fat32 (should it be one or the other?) but it still says the same thing. I know the board is ok as I just took it out of my LAH.

Any further ideas?

Did you use the supplied stick or one of your own? They should have supplied you with one - that worked for me.

Moonraker & Greg Mott had this problem recently. I think Moonraker found it to be a dodgy stick? Do a search on here.

Did you use the supplied stick or one of your own? They should have supplied you with one - that worked for me.

I used one of my own (scandisk, the same as they supply) as I didn't want to wipe the LAH files and have to decompress them again.

Youre in for a treat!

They have just done one for JP, I already have one in my SW, G&R and LAH but wanted to see if the JP one was any good before spending another £300, this is a mad hobby!

Back
Top Bottom