What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound Board Group Buy?

darren_ross

Registered
I've recently contacted Pinsound about a discount on a group buy for there boards. The best they can offer me is:

"If you order 10+ boards at one time, we could offer you this deal:
- 1 PinSound stereo wiring for free for each board bought (instead of
£14.95)
- £15 rebate on each board
- free shipping for your full order"

These aren't cheap by any means.
£284.95 for the kit. Subtract the rebate and it's £269.95 with the free delivery and wiring.

I understand some of you may want the wpc95 upgrade kit (which is a similar price) instead of the stereo wiring. I'm sure this won't be a problem and I'll sort this out with the order.
Let me know if you'd like to be part of the group buy.

Thanks

Darren

Last edited:
Nice one Darren, well done dude. People organising group buys like this keep the hobby alive. You will make no money but probably lose some, and get grief along the way, but thanks for doing it.

I'm out personally due to circumstances and also having zero auditory discrimination skills - I'm half deaf and you could play me the wrong pin's music and I wouldn't notice - but wish you well with it. If anyone's wondering, Darren is a stand up guy and totally trustworthy.

I have 4 currently and have found issues with 3 of them.

It must be said that their support is great, but latest board that I purchased (2 weeks ago) caused the upper left TZ flipper to be partially energized also the dmd was missing columns!

I emailed them and was asked to send high res images of the board, which lead me to think a board issue on the data bus, and bingo the top two solder pads had a trace going between them, after cutting this all worked!

You may not be able to see it below unless you zoom in top two pins of the larger right pair in photo.

IMG_20161217_133412.jpg

Another board just went silent after being on for a few hours, was sent some heat sinks, which made no difference, so they swapped the board.

The third board always gives a credit dot and says audio interface issue, never fixed that one.

Other than that I do like the enhancement they make to the machine, can be a faf getting the audio levels just right but worth the time.

I had the sound innterface error on my sttng.
it just stopped doing it one day.

I see the have the genuine b/w logo on them now?
interesting.

I will get another once the Wh2o soundtrack is out.

May want to wait a little while until they have their speaker kits available, too. May get a better deal if people order packages including those.

The speaker kits have been in the making for a while. They have the speakers already, just waiting on a couple of other bits AFAIK.

I'm sure they had discount offer a couple of weeks back that was a cheaper than that. Checked just now and prices are back up. Im certainly looking to buy in the next few weeks. So count me in for one. Might buy a few more. See how I get on with one first. Using my xmas money ;-)

I've not been checking Kenny. That's all they could offer me though and they actually got a little upset when i pushed for more discount. Maybe they had a black Friday deal?

I've not been checking Kenny. That's all they could offer me though and they actually got a little upset when i pushed for more discount. Maybe they had a black Friday deal?

Yup - they got right ****y with me for having the audacity to ask... and even more ****y when i asked if i could buy in euro's as it was (at the time) cheaper.... Was told in no uncertain terms that because i was in the UK I had to pay the UK prices listed... :(

I can't really see the logic in that. Do they hate the British? So if you live in Ireland you actually get it cheaper because you'll be paying in Euros?

I'd be interested in the speaker upgrade myself to be fair. Is this something that's still in production?

No idea why they would do that (or why they got ****y with you, Paul) but in gener al they are really nice guys. One brother is a hardware guy and the other does software. Using their talents to make pinball products.

No Kenny, it never did get to 10. Unfortunately this was always going to be a tough one at that price. I understand as the discount didn't seem great.
I'll probably take the plunge and get one anyway when the CFTBL soundtrack is complete.

No idea why they would do that (or why they got ****y with you, Paul) but in gener al they are really nice guys. One brother is a hardware guy and the other does software. Using their talents to make pinball products.

I got the impression it was almost like i had the audacity to ask for a discount :) Oh and i called them out about the euro/GBP price differential.... They may not have liked that either :D

I got the impression it was almost like i had the audacity to ask for a discount :) Oh and i called them out about the euro/GBP price differential.... They may not have liked that either :D

Aren't they French? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom