What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Pinshack and workshop build

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Hi gang

Finally getting around to starting on my pinshack. It's going to be split into two rooms one as the pin room and one as the workshop with a sauna in the corner of the pinroom. It will measure 7.3m x 3.66m. It will have heating and lighting controlled using Arduino and the Blynk app so I can monitor and control everything from iPhone and also by manual switches in the shack. More on that later.

I expect the total build of this to take 6 months as doing it single handed and only in good weather until it's sealed.
I will put detailed pics on throughout for those of you that are interested.

So we first need to clear the site. The build is going on the. Back line of the garden fence so I need to chop up a shed demolish the trampoline fairy ring and take the fence down and before all of that chop down all the brambles to leave a 6ft clearing behind fence to allows space to work

Chainsaw at the ready!!!

So pic before starting

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

Think you can see how bad the brambles are!!

And after a weekends hard graft
IMG_2046.JPG

Next stage bonfire required!!!

Cheers kev

Should of put my plans on. Here are few drawings of said pinshack

Cheers

Kev

plan view - blue boxes are representations of a pin

upload_2017-3-6_9-1-38.png

Side view
upload_2017-3-6_9-2-43.png

Nice one Kev, looking forward to this!
Yeah it's going to be a long slow one. but should be nice when done and I think I am now going down your route of cladding with Hardiplank as well.

Is yours totally finished now ?

Cheers

kev

Yeah it's going to be a long slow one. but should be nice when done and I think I am now going down your route of cladding with Hardiplank as well.

Is yours totally finished now ?

Cheers

kev

The Hardiplank looks mint, definitely recommend it.

Pretty much, just need to move a few bits around and get the work bench in there.

The Hardiplank looks mint, definitely recommend it.

Pretty much, just need to move a few bits around and get the work bench in there.
Cool man - question to ask you about the hardiplank - i'm guessing it will be fairly heavy and my left side of my shed I want to build very close to the left fence, which means building the frame sheeting with OSB, roofers laths and then hardiplank to half way up it so above the fence height(6ft) and then the rest of the planking will be done from on the roof. Then two of us will need to lift that to the vertical position for fixing, so do you think that would be possible becuase of the weight. The side panel will be 3.66m wide and 2.3m high ?

Cheers

kev

Cool man - question to ask you about the hardiplank - i'm guessing it will be fairly heavy and my left side of my shed I want to build very close to the left fence, which means building the frame sheeting with OSB, roofers laths and then hardiplank to half way up it so above the fence height(6ft) and then the rest of the planking will be done from on the roof. Then two of us will need to lift that to the vertical position for fixing, so do you think that would be possible becuase of the weight. The side panel will be 3.66m wide and 2.3m high ?

Cheers

kev

It comes in 12ft / 3.66m lengths which one person can carry so I don't think it will be an issue. Might just be a case of getting another pair of hands but you should be fine.

It comes in 12ft / 3.66m lengths which one person can carry so I don't think it will be an issue. Might just be a case of getting another pair of hands but you should be fine.
Cheers man!! thats good news. Did you use their custom corner pieces as well ?

Ah my garage was already a detached building so I just finished the inside really.

I'll take a few pictures and send them on tonight. timber ceilings with some low power ikea bulbs and fittings make it look pretty nice I think

Well here's a few pictures i took this morning. The place is a skip at the moment. Just waiting till the plastering is done and then I'll get a skip up and have a bonfire some night too.

i.imgur.com_oWLRscU.jpg
View from outside

i.imgur.com_wWfSMvb.jpg
Front wall

i.imgur.com_Tg2h9kG.jpg
Back wall, probably enough space for a line of 8 or 9 pins along here. Its actually not nearly as bright in person. Gives a really warm glow off the lights

i.imgur.com_Rq8me0M.jpg
I got some tube fittings put in aswell. So I can get a good bit of light when I need it to work on a pin etc. I might switch out the tubes for some UV ones in the future.

i.imgur.com_0DLNgI4.jpg

And the other corner holds the current pins. The front door is covered over and its just a stand alone room.

Its been a ton of work. When I finish it I'll put up a full log and detail the process.

Just wanted to put this up to see if you might get any ideas

Just seen this Kev, best of luck with it. :thumbs:Will be watching with interest, I'm picking up tips from this and @Jsyjay's build.

Well here's a few pictures i took this morning. The place is a skip at the moment. Just waiting till the plastering is done and then I'll get a skip up and have a bonfire some night too.

i.imgur.com_oWLRscU.jpg
View from outside

i.imgur.com_wWfSMvb.jpg
Front wall

i.imgur.com_Tg2h9kG.jpg
Back wall, probably enough space for a line of 8 or 9 pins along here. Its actually not nearly as bright in person. Gives a really warm glow off the lights

i.imgur.com_Rq8me0M.jpg
I got some tube fittings put in aswell. So I can get a good bit of light when I need it to work on a pin etc. I might switch out the tubes for some UV ones in the future.

i.imgur.com_0DLNgI4.jpg

And the other corner holds the current pins. The front door is covered over and its just a stand alone room.

Its been a ton of work. When I finish it I'll put up a full log and detail the process.

Just wanted to put this up to see if you might get any ideas
starting to look good man!!!

Cheers

kev

Finished wacking it today and test laid out the Ecogrids just to see if string line is in correct place. Timber frame to go and all the cables, power, ethernet and alarm and then the dolly. Once thats done the Ecgorids can be laid properley.

Cheers

kev

IMG_2087[1].JPG IMG_2089[1].JPG IMG_2088[1].JPG

Kev are you feeding all the cables in a pipe ducting under ground so it will poke through inside the cabin ?

BT ducting is the best but you can use 1 3/4" piping but using 2 45 degree to make the 90 degree bend !

Yes carl there will be a 40mm pipe going in just buried in the dolly to guide the 10mm SWA cable through. SWA doesnt need trunking as such but it is more for getting power back out of the shed for garden lights etc after the event, so that pipe will just come out to the right waste ground, then the rest of the swa just buried back to the dis board.
I am also running a 21.5mm overflow waste type pipe for the cat5 and alarm cable separately all way back to the house.

Cheers

Kev

And here it is guys - all the underground cables in and ducted were required. I have put in 10mm 3 core swa, ethernet and alarm cable back to main panel in house.

Dolly arrives today and timber foundation frames, once that in and thoroughly wacked it is ready for grids to be laid.

Cheers

kev

IMG_2096[1].JPG

Like the novel way of keeping the rain of the ducting - good old rubber gloves!!!!

IMG_2100[1].JPG

Back
Top Bottom