What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinduino

insx

Registered
Alias
Tim S
Anyone used one? Can it only be bought direct from Professor Pinball in the USA?

Seems like I'll be the first to report back then. I've just ordered the DIY kit from Eric (Professor Pinball) who seems like a really nice guy. He initially charges a flat postage rate of $20 but refunds the difference if it's cheaper. I got $13 back! Fingers crossed on the customs charges.

Yes, that. It's an Arduino that reads the lamp matrix (I think) and then can control LED strips and even other stuff like shakers. Open source code is available for various games.

I'm nearly there with this. I got my kit (after paying £6 in vat plus £8 for the privilege), soldered everything and figured out how to upload arduino sketches. I made a schoolboy error of connecting to the LEDs from the wrong end and had a couple of hours of head scratching because of it but now all is well. I'm just waiting for some double sided tape to arrive before I can addorn my Tron ramps with the LED strips. It's looking promising.

I'm nearly there with this. I got my kit (after paying £6 in vat plus £8 for the privilege), soldered everything and figured out how to upload arduino sketches. I made a schoolboy error of connecting to the LEDs from the wrong end and had a couple of hours of head scratching because of it but now all is well. I'm just waiting for some double sided tape to arrive before I can addorn my Tron ramps with the LED strips. It's looking promising.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Hopefully just teething problems!

I'm guessing that something has blown - apparently the arduino can, according to a pinside post. The only thing I did since it was working last night was switch the game off and then on this morning.

I re-uploaded the sketch into the arduino (clone) and it's working again. It seems weird that it can lose it's programming overnight but there you have it.

Hi there, I'm thinking of Pinduino .. would you recommend after all this to e! 😃

Back
Top Bottom