What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinballinfo Library

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Well it's not the Rescource manager yet (still waiting on the release of that - that will allow everything all in one place, maybe reviews, downloads etc etc all integrated), however i've stuck the Library online.

It's an early release, however there's lots more functionality to come. Here's the author's blurb on it...

FEATURES OF THE LIBRARY

Underlined Bold = ready for others to use in latest addon.

Underlined = already done, testing on my site.

STAGE ONE - Completed Sat 28 Jan.

- Create a Library node. Has node tree position, visibe/ hidden, permissions, integrated What's On etc

- Create Article as child of this Library node.

- Article edit frontend bbcode.

~ Directory or Index page to list contents. This is only for THIS Library node. A coordinated directory index of all Library nodes, if multiple nodes are creates, to come later.

- Multiple page Articles.

STAGE TWO Started Fri Feb 10.

~ User/ Usergroup Editors. DONE! Display author userbit.

~ Upload images direct

hopefully include image wrap but there is another addon for this (coderich)

LIBRARY INDEX PAGES

- Ordering of the Articles listed on a Library node list.

Date/ A-Z/ Priority at top/ Manual by numbering.

Option to Show/ Hide.

~ Priority display of Latest additions. Total no. of items in this Library. No. of views.

~ Main Directory or Main Library Index page to list contents of all Library nodes.

Latest additions. Total in each Library. Option to Show/ Hide.

DISCUSSIONS

~ Discussion option connected to an Article. This will be a forum thread.

It duplicates underneath the Article.

INTEGRATION WHAT'S NEW

- What's New display of new items in the Library/ Libraries.

Currently Stage 1 is complete and what is installed. Stage 2 is currently in progress....

So - suggestions as to what we use it for??
biggrin-1.png

One use could be a library of video-based pin guides. It's relatively straight forward to find good quality written reviews from multiple places on the net, including Pinball News for the later machines, but guides (particularly video based rather than written) seem harder to locate. I've seen good video guides for some machines, but for other machines the quality of vids seem pretty poor - generally those lacking voice-over to describe what is happening I find less useful.

I think this could be a useful resource for people who want to get better at playing their pin, but also for people trying to choose a new one - getting an idea of what the features are / complexity of rules, etc. IMO the tool would need to allow embedding of existing vid's from youtube or elsewhere so people who are aware of existing vid's can link them, but maybe a few new ones from members on here would be good too (personally I'm too **** to demo anything without risk of causing the viewer laughter induced injuries, but I would be happy to help people editing theirs if anyone has a go).

Back
Top Bottom