What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Toppers

Toppers

• Yay

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

DonData

Registered
Alias
DON
I have to say, I really feel like the only person in the room who doesn't care for pinball toppers.

To me the machines seem so much cleaner without them.

I'm pretty certain I'm the only one but sure look...

There are a small number of games where the original equipment topper bears the machines' name, rather than it being on the backglass/translite. Taxi, Addams Family and Hurricane are examples. But games often had a plate supplied to cover the wiring port if the topper was removed. I heard of locations which just didn't have them fitted, even if there was headroom.

Other than White Water and Fish Tales, which are a must, I'm not too bothered either way.
In fairness I do agree with this, that and Addams Family. I guess just seeing people pay 2K for that golden Indian Jones topper had me thinking...

Went through a spell thinking all games look better with a topper . Now I think only the games which are designed to have a topper should have a topper . The best 90s topper has to go to FT👌

Wish i had picked up the GB one when i had chance to... unfortunately it didnt seem to do much to the Game IMO.... however now they are like hen's teeth.... :(

I’m a fan of toppers for me it’s the cherry on top of LE icing but that said I wish more interaction was implemented like Whirlwind and FishTales.
I have a few good Stern ones which kinda interact ie:
Deadpool Thumbs up down depending how good your play.
Rick and Morty’s Spining portal
The rest are kinda static and I can take or leave em.
However Stern changed the whole game when BKSOR was released it was the reason I loved game so much as this for me is the GOAT in the topper category.
I guess Elvira, SW & TMNT must get a mention but at 1k a piece but not sure how an extra £500 is justified by the term licensing.
Here’s hoping they have a spinning IG11 on Mando and Godzilla v Mecha Godzilla face off where they roar JP premium Trex style. One can only dream.

The Cactus Canyon Remake topper adds another dimension to the game, I imagine a gunfight, can’t wait for the reveal at Pinball Expo 👍

Back
Top Bottom