What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Resource Shipping Update

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Hi lads and ladies I hope you are all keeping well. I've been a bit of a hermit recently and keeping away from the forum and my phone - but busy working away on old pins still. Just thought I would check in to say that Pinball Resource are currently not shipping to the UK due to the VAT fiasco and this will be a permanent feature until our Gov get the VAT collection situation in order. Just letting you all know to save anyone else wasting time putting an order together only to be turned down.

Stay safe everyone, viva Gottlieb :thumbs:
James

I've not bought direct from them for years due to their nuts policy on payments... always went through Andy at Pinball Mania but not sure if still able to with the difficulties, I know he was being hassled with postage in the early lockdowns, can't imagine it's any easier in this one following Brexit too.

I need a couple of drop targets and 4 score reel spring kits for my GTB Jumping Jack. Could have ordered anytime in the last 3 months, but didn't - bad move! Just got a friendly rebuff from PBR, who pointed me to a couple of UK suppliers instead. Wouldn't mind, but PBR have got GTB supplies locked down, so no chance of any UK stockist.

I guess they would supply me if I was vat registered as they wouldn't need to do any extra paperwork - but, like most everyday folks, I'm not.

Have contacted Marco on the off chance they will supply to UK - I understand PBR can be a little cranky with their Ts and Cs, as JMP has alluded to above.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what else I could do?

Marcos have fixed their shipping costs so it's actually pretty reasonable now, but yeah, it's very frustrating... Especially when you spend 2 hours finding parts numbers, writing it all down, finding the part on PBRs nightmare website, emailing them a big order to be told they're not shipping here anymore.

Best of Pinball stock a decent supply of Gottlieb parts but not sure if they have EM parts - might be worth you having a look.

Didn't realise Marco had sorted their shipping policy out, that's a bonus.

Always best emailing Best of Pinball if can't find the part as they often have an idea of when likely to get re-stocked or not, whichever the case may be.

Hey - thanks for the quick response! Marco has most of the stuff in stock, but is low on one item - which they won't back order until that item is out of stock. It's the score reel spring lever. I dread to think what the cost will be for 3 of these cheap tiny things being shipped on their own at a later date, but am grateful that I can still source most of the parts.

Am very impressed with the quick customer response from Marcos, and also the checkout process, which shows in £ along with all taxes, duties etc - no nasty surprises on delivery. Just for the record, my order comes to £20, shipping and duties etc will be £15 on top of that.

I have messaged Best of Pinball - they have all the springs in stock, but no drop targets. So I am not hopeful.....

Again, thanks everyone!

Well my pinball resource order finally arrived today thanks to the USPS priority mail being slower than a snail thanks to it being Trumped... Just saying... Was placed on 17/02. A Marco order that I placed at the same time arrived last Monday. I did get stung for import VAT from the PBR order, it was prepaid on the Marco order and didn't incur a parcel farce fee.

I did put a thread up a while back about Marcos shipping but must be a good few months back but most stuff ships for about £10 now (I think!) Which massively beats the £60 odd they wanted previously.

Marco seem to have handed all their shipping and billing to a third party agency (zonos) who now process overseas postal charges, taxes and duties. So perhaps postage will now be more consistent?

Not sure how it was handled before, this being my first order, but it does sound a bit erratic as regards charging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom