What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball places to visit in New York?

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
Hi all,
I'm visiting New York in around a week's time and so thought I'd see if anyone had any recommendations regarding any places with pins I should try and visit?
Also, if anyone has any general recommendations for bars/restaurants or cool places to see some local live bands playing that'd be appreciated too. Also want to check out some guitar shops while we are there too (although won't be buying anything sadly...!)

I believe we are staying near Times Square.

Cheers!

Jack bar and I can’t recall the name of it but it’s a laundrette with a speak east style hidden pinball room out the back. Sunshine laundromat maybe???
Ah cool; I think Ed Rojas (don't know Ed's handle on here) mentioned that the other day at the PR tournament - will look in to it, thank you! :thumbs:

Sunshine Laundromat website is saying closed "because we care".
When I visited it had all of the latest games, usually in LE versions - even had a Supreme. Hopefully it'll reopen soon

Solid State is just round the corner from my sisters and tends to have a range of games through the ages, and is a decent bar in itself.

Have yet to get to Jack Bar - that'll have to wait until next year.

Sunshine Laundromat website is saying closed "because we care".
When I visited it had all of the latest games, usually in LE versions - even had a Supreme. Hopefully it'll reopen soon

Solid State is just round the corner from my sisters and tends to have a range of games through the ages, and is a decent bar in itself.

Have yet to get to Jack Bar - that'll have to wait until next year.
Cheers Wayne - will defo visit Solid state (looks like they have some good beers there and Bratwurst, so looking forward to that!)
Will also check out Jackbar as per @windoesnot 's suggestion and see what the deal is with Sunshine Laundromat when we get there.

Hey all,
NYC was great (in Cancun for a week now); only got to visit a couple of Pinball places; Randolph's in Brooklyn (about 8 machines) and Jack Bar in williamsburg, which was such a great place.
Everyone at Jackbar was so friendly and we ended up hanging out there until late - great selection of machines (really enjoyed playing Halloween for the first time) and I ended up taking part in that nights Strikes tournament (only two lives, so I was out after two games; stern Star wars and the Getaway - felt lie I was just getting warmed up, then gone he he)
Everyone spoke very highly of Ed Rojas (I always forget Ed's handle on here) and one guy (Erik Swedlund I believe) mentioned @Neil McRae when I said I was from London (I few people had met Neil I think.

Got a little drunk by the end and was chatting to John the owner and others about organising a U.K vs U.S tournament with them and they said they'd be well up for it if they could ever make it over:)

Thanks again for everyone's advice!

As a side note, went to thr Comedy Cellar in thr Villiage on eight... and Chris Rock randomly turned up and did a set! ; was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom