What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Paradise

Think the DOB is wrong unless that's the Dad, can't remember all their names now.

Last I heard, there'd been a big fire caused by the mother of the family in some kind of argument and in another, between the Dad and son, the son had spray-painted a load of playfields in his Dad's pinball collection. o_O

Think the DOB is wrong unless that's the Dad, can't remember all their names now.

Last I heard, there'd been a big fire caused by the mother of the family in some kind of argument and in another, between the Dad and son, the son had spray-painted a load of playfields in his Dad's pinball collection. o_O

Who needs enemies when your family is like that lol!!

Reactions: JT.
Andy Reed posted on Pinball Heaven's Facebook page last week and it was deleted within minutes. He's still a ****ing dick

I didn't delete the comment from Andy so if its gone he's removed it. Not seen Andy in ages (1 year plus) and not seen Steve (the dad) for a good few months. To me they were always fine and I liked them both, but they would never have tried to rip me off. So although I was aware of their reputation I never had any bad dealings personally with either of them. Of course I know what went on and it was always a case of "arms length". The stories of game vandalisation performed by his kids etc was just breathtaking.

I sold Steve a few as is games straight off a van from abroad and he knew they were f*cked but the next thing I hear is, "these are ex-pinball heaven so they're mint" so that was the last games I sold him. I always find out about stuff, I have no idea why they think I won't find out! I suppose these people don't think that far ahead though, its always today and not tomorrow.... strange!

Phil

I've only had 1 dealing with them and that was looking at an apparently fully working order TFTC for people on here. Needless to say, it was far, far from fully working and the price they were asking was crazy.

I very nearly sold a game to these jokers back when I was new-ish into the hobby (less than a year) and wanted to move my 2nd game on before I had heard about this forum or anyone who buys games regularly like Matt Vince etc. Basically the only way I knew how to sell a game was fleabay or see if there were any companies that bought games. They practically wanted me to pay them to take my game away! Under the reasoning of "Well by the time I've put fuel in my van and come down from Blackpool to get the game blah blah blah..." Oddly enough up until that point I used to get regular emails from them listing new games they had in, these suddenly stopped when I wouldn't give away my Paragon for something ridiculous like £50 I think he wanted to pay:rofl:

Rule of thumb - never trust anyone from Blackpool. It's a sh*t hole full of crooks.

Definitely the right address on that Meeting of Creditors. I came close to being burned when I was a noob buying my first pin. Unfortunately the game I was going to buy (a Recel MASTER STROKE) was sold to a guy in Spain, who paid for the shipping on top of the purchase price. OMG, what an absolute pile of rotten **** he got. I feel so bad for him. I'm sure the lurid details are on here as a warning thread somewhere.

It is nice however not get some many sh*tty matches when searching eBay nowadays. Maybe that fire took out the barn with all the pinballs? Whilst I'd mourn that loss of all that history at least these feckless ***** wouldn't have any more cr@p to peddle.

Can I remind the dodgy Mackems on here, that there are 3 "legit" members on here from Blackpool ;)

Bahahaha! I wonder how many dodgy mackems are on here, I know there's 1 legit one! :p

"he maintained he had not told lies about the incident since he had given his honest opinion."

that's a get out of jail free card. He wasn't lying because he honestly believed the crock he made up

"Mr Reed, who says he is an undischarged bankrupt"

In which case, how can he possibly own that many pinball machines....? :hmm:

From the Daily Fail article on the same story:

"The judge said that, while he was preparing his ruling, he received a document from Mr Reed which alleged that Mr Oyston had been guilty of perjury, had deceived successive High Court judges and was not a fit person to hold a fire arms certificate.

He said he doubted that the communication could have any purpose but to seek to influence him against Mr Oyston.

"It has had the opposite effect so far as my willingness to grant an injunction is concerned, since it emphasises the very real and continuing risk that, unless restrained by the threat of imprisonment for contempt, the defendant will continue to make similar accusations against Mr Oyston."

He said that Mr Reed should be under no illusion that he would be in contempt of court and liable to imprisonment if he repeated the libel or committed any further acts of harassment against Mr Oyston or his wife."

Contempt of court and imprisonment - that would be a shame for such a well respected pillar of the community.

Back
Top Bottom