What's new

Pinball needs collecting. Anyone available?

streaky2007

Registered
Hi All,
I bought a High Speed from one of the fine members of this site last week.
I’ve tried texting and messaging Martin, but I guess he’s unavailable or too busy.
Can anyone recommend someone else to collect a pin from Bristol and bring to Pembrokeshire?
Thanks in advance :)

@Mike-R-

Last edited:
I spoke to him last night. He hadn’t read a message I’d sent on Saturday. Try calling him in the evening.

That’s how Martin rolls. If you and the seller can be patient you’ll both get a better service as you’ll be getting someone who knows what they’re doing. I used ‘someone else’ who then contracted it to another crew and they delivered me an EM standing up on the ball shooter coin door end! It was only as they started spinnng it back and forth to move it that I noticed. Fortunatelyit was to be refurbed but it could have caused a lot of grief. They were blank when I explained my ‘“concerns”🤬😂

I love playing the Martin lottery. It’s all part of the ritual of buying a new game.

My records are delivery within two days and somewhere around three months later. The longer period was pretty exceptional and at least in part down to me not being available when he was doing London runs.

I can’t think of another delivery company that would be happy to help me get a game through the kitchen door. His new challenge is going to be trying to smuggle two new games in through the kitchen whilst my wife is using it as a home office. Should make her endless Zoom meetings more interesting.

Last time I heard he doesn’t come to Pembrokeshire, I’ve had Hadfields (need an account) and Birmingham Transport (met him near the Severn bridge once) who couldn’t help last time I asked.
Ive collected most of my pins due to this. Didn’t the other guy in Neyland find someone else to deliver his pin?
Good luck.

I love playing the Martin lottery. It’s all part of the ritual of buying a new game.

My records are delivery within two days and somewhere around three months later. The longer period was pretty exceptional and at least in part down to me not being available when he was doing London runs.

I can’t think of another delivery company that would be happy to help me get a game through the kitchen door. His new challenge is going to be trying to smuggle two new games in through the kitchen whilst my wife is using it as a home office. Should make her endless Zoom meetings more interesting.

He's not going indoors into peoples houses at the moment (which is hugely problematic for me). It's all contactless with payment by Paypal. Or at least it was a couple of weeks ago.

Last time I heard he doesn’t come to Pembrokeshire, I’ve had Hadfields (need an account) and Birmingham Transport (met him near the Severn bridge once) who couldn’t help last time I asked.
Ive collected most of my pins due to this. Didn’t the other guy in Neyland find someone else to deliver his pin?
Good luck.
Yes I did, I used Shipley for the first one (Shipley is a broker so you don’t know who you will get, but they were relatively cheap). Second one was delivered by Mike-R-, not the cheapest but a good service. Third delivered by me (pallet truck from 4 doors away).

Shipley may be your best bet - as long as the seller is good at packing things up.

If you do a shipleys quote ask whomever you talk to if they are insured fully!

Most delivery companies will not drop it in your house for obvious reasons. It is usually kerb side.

I am going to change my mind here half way thru me typing.

HIRE A VAN - BORROW A SACK TRUCK - DO IT YOURSELF :)

I'd be careful. I hired someone on AnyVan to deliver the first pin I ever bought. It turned up a few weeks later still on it's legs in the back of his van with about 50 gallons of red diesel sloshing about in containers underneath o_O

Martin is the man. It may take time, but the service is top drawer. Although a mate got his game setup... I don’t get that service.

Martin is the man. It may take time, but the service is top drawer. Although a mate got his game setup... I don’t get that service.

He usually sets up or takes down my games and hauls them up and down the stairs to the basement. He spent about an hour setting up RFM for me, I felt really bad. He even hand-carted my NIB TWD all the way around the block to put it through the front door (and down to the basement) as it wouldn’t fit through the backdoor so I could do an unboxing video.

Guys, get your pin ready for collection, wrapped and close to the door, and when he drops off, let him go, he's a busy man.

Never had a problem with him and timing, a bit a beer money to see him on his way;)

He usually sets up or takes down my games and hauls them up and down the stairs to the basement. He spent about an hour setting up RFM for me, I felt really bad. He even hand-carted my NIB TWD all the way around the block to put it through the front door (and down to the basement) as it wouldn’t fit through the backdoor so I could do an unboxing video.

Assume you have mobility issues then, fair enough.

Good luck.

I delivered to Neyland in February, always available!!
Thanks.

Assume you have mobility issues then, fair enough.

No not at all. I kept telling him it was fine to just leave it by the back door but he insisted. In fact the more I insisted it wasn’t necessary the more he wanted to do it. I guess I have reverse psychology down to a tee ;)

Back
Top Bottom