What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Pinball Mover/Lifter

mark adams

Registered
One of those hydraulic lifters with wheels would be good, anybody selling one or can recommend someone who supplies them.

I had this one previous to my current one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TF15-Mobile-Lift-Table-150kg-Single/291992007200

Handles fold down onto the bed when not in use, and it's reasonably portable (it's heavy but not cripplingly so). I would advise however that because of the length of the bed you will need to push down on the lockbar to move pins around, or lift them from the side.
I believe WOZ is 178KG so if you are intending to lift JJP tables or other similarly heavy ones you may need something more suitable.

Last edited:
What version did you upgrade to?
This one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153214663245

Looks like the seller is away until tomorrow. I did have some issues with mine, namely that it made (and still does) a noise when you lower the platform quickly. Was told that's normal. Also more recently it has started leaking slightly - not entirely sure if it's oil or hydraulic fluid or what. Tried to contact seller via eBay and got no response at all, so don't know how much the warranty is worth - if anything.

That said - it still works, and just fits between the legs on a regular non-widebody machine. You can lower the pin very softly too with the foot pedal, which I like. I haven't fitted the handle to mine so I can get it further in, the handle is not needed to raise or lower the platform.

One of those hydraulic lifters with wheels would be good, anybody selling one or can recommend someone who supplies them.
I am selling one it is a heavy duty one(?300kg) that lifts table from the front with ease but doesnt have a folding handle but is removable.

getting it to you would be the problem.

let me know if interested.

Cheers

kev

Here is the missus with it !!
1543922784138.png

And with a pin on from the front

1543922830929.png

Indeed.. shipping them is the killer if you're not in the business. Cost me £50 to ship mine to the right honourable gentleman above.

Hi Guys,
Just a question regarding lifting pins with this type of jack.
The platform width is 485mm.
The pin width on a Stern to the edges is 560mm
Wouldn’t you need a platform width to be a minimum of 560mm as the edges would be much stronger than the centre panel?
I would want to minimise any possibility of pin damage to the cabinet, just think putting loads of weight on the underside panel may not be the best idea, but could be wrong.
Thoughts appreciated

How would you get a platform wider than the pin itself between the legs at the front?

The weight of the pin is spread over a big surface area (the platform), and the floor is braced in several places by both wood and metal (eg leg brackets that are screwed through the cabinet).

Basically it's fine to lift like that. The thing to be wary of is that lifting pins with the head up the weight distribution is very much biased towards the back of the pin. If your trolley hasn't got a long enough bed and/or you can't get it underneath far enough you will likely have to push down on the lockbar from above to get it to lift off the ground, and it will be unbalanced sat on the trolley in the air.

Of course, good call ref the legs getting in the way.
The panel underneath Pin, how is this actually fitted to the rest of the cabinet as this is taking the full weight of the pin resting on the scissor trolley?

When moving using a standard trolley jack, tomb stoned then the weight of the machine is on the side panels, the same way it’s shipped from Stern.

The cabinet essentially sits on that panel, and is screwed into it in several places, as well as having at least an upright board that goes across, bracing it. The corner leg brackets also sit on it, and are screwed through the cabinet with big, long metal screws.

For the floor to collapse all of these things would have to fail as well.

I've never heard so much as a creak lifting a pin using the floor of it, and never seen any kind of damage from doing it.

I see, thanks for the photos, I had the head torch on looking in my machine but your photos are very clear. You get the strength from the wood leg brace areas, bulkheads and the wooden length runners at the sides, screws as you explained. That’s reassuring, thanks for the helpful input Durzel, much appreciated ?

Back
Top Bottom