What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball machine troubleshooting course - any interest?

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
Norbert Snicer is the author of PINBALL MACHINES How They Work & Troubleshooting, head honcho of the Australian Pinball League and runs a pinball club in Sydney. He also used to be electronic workshop and technical manager at an Australian distributor so its fair to say he knows a bit about pinball machines. He also runs courses in pinball maintenance and repair

Anyway, I met him at Expo a couple of years back and he's a really nice guy, and we've kept in touch.

Long and short of it is he is coming to Europe in July for his son's wedding, and was hoping to run one or more of his two day courses in the UK while he is here - if there is any interest in that.

So to try and guage if there is any interest, he's asked me to post a link to his site which has some info about the course, and about half way down there's a form where you can suggest a location and your name. So if you'd be interested in the course you can suggest England as the location.

If you are interested it might also be handy if you could mention it in this thread too so we can all get an idea about how much interest there is.

Here's the link:
http://www.pinballhq.com.au/#!how-to-fix-pinball/c10ob

He's also got a PDF about the course that I've attached (I think)
Cheers,

Paul

Attachments

• Pinball Course 2016.pdf
    522.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'd be interested if it was towards the end of July, like most people I know basic trouble shooting stuff but would like to know more. I've filled out the form :)

I think it might go in to a little more detail than that over the course of two days.

I'm imagining that line in the Simpsons. "So then, "mono" means "one," and "rail" means "rail."And that concludes our intensive three-week course." in the Marge .vs Monorail episode ;)

I'd be interested, cost depending. Looking at the site he charges $595 AUS normally so that's about £315 at the current exchange rate. If he'd charge that much over here then I'd probably give it a miss :thumbs:

Yeah I did mention to him that he would be lucky to get much interest at £300.

So what do people feel might be a more realistic rate? Would you pay £200? £150?...

So what do people feel might be a more realistic rate? Would you pay £200? £150?...

Depends where it is as the cost of getting their would need to be factored in. If it's in London and a 2 day course (so needs a night in a hotel) then it would have to be super cheap. If it's in Nottingham then I'd go to £150 :D

I'd be very interested in attending. Having attended 2 days courses for work run by private individuals, I've never paid more than £100, plus accommodation. I think if he can get 10+ people that's still a nice little earner for 2 days work. Which isn't really work.

I've filled out the form just to be kept in the loop. I suspect though that an afternoon or two with some of the people on this list might be more informative...and cheaper.

Depending on content I'd spend £250. Would need to be in London for me to be interested though.

Maybe they could do it in conjunction with Chief or something?

Could be quite interested, so have registered an interest. Probably going to be 'date challenged' during July die to start of summer hols but "here's hoping".

Exeter would be deal as a location, but happy with Midlands/London - being out of London would obviously help with venue & hotel costs.

Up to £200 would seem reasonable - wondering if I should put a table into work for staff entertainment and then get the business to pay to send me on a course to know his to maintain it:)

If it does turn out to be in London and at a time I can attend (I'm away for 2 weeks in July) then I can put a few folks up at my place for free to save on your costs.

Could be good depending on time and location. Getting the balance right between being too easy and too technical must be a bit of nightmare for him.

Yup. I think Norbert planned to run it next weekend but he was adamant that he couldn't go lower than £299 which is way too much for the uk market so in the end no one signed up for it and he abandoned the idea of doing one. Maybe if it had been £99 for the two days....

Shame really because I think it would have been good, but no-one in this country is going to pay that much even if they do in Australia. I talked to the head of the Dutch pinball association to see if anyone there might be interested and he just laughed and said above 40 euros no-one there would be interested either.

Back
Top Bottom