What's new

Pinball in Living Room?

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
The Mrs. has green lighted for me to get a 2nd Pin but only space I have left is in the living room. Is this a step too far or has anyone else done it?
I could slot it in next to my jukebox..... thinking ACDC Luci Vault after playing the Pro at Northern Lights :)

I’ve got 3 in my living room, its not ideal but when needs must :rofl: my partner wasnt overly impressed to begin with so i swapped them around so that all the games he likes are there so he cant complain too much!!

When I collected a machine recently from where it was kept in a living room the seller told me that his new partner had said: 'The only table in this room is going to be a dining table.'

I have mine in the dining room (Edwardian terrace house), on the promise that on Christmas day I have to pack it up (legs off and up end it) so that the family can get in to eat dinner! The things I have to do eh..... :rolleyes:

It's the only space I have to put it, the mechanical noise is pretty loud in a small room with hard flooring. So I tend to not play it after 9pm so as not to annoy the neighbors. I'm planning on hanging some panels on the walls around it to help deaden some of the sound, but as a temporary measure I've stuffed a duvet next to it.

Would the Mrs play AC/DC? As you might get less ear ache if it's something she can join in with :)

I have mine in the dining room (Edwardian terrace house), on the promise that on Christmas day I have to pack it up (legs off and up end it) so that the family can get in to eat dinner! The things I have to do eh..... :rolleyes:

It's the only space I have to put it, the mechanical noise is pretty loud in a small room with hard flooring. So I tend to not play it after 9pm so as not to annoy the neighbors. I'm planning on hanging some panels on the walls around it to help deaden some of the sound, but as a temporary measure I've stuffed a duvet next to it.

Would the Mrs play AC/DC? As you might get less ear ache if it's something she can join in with :)
Yeah, she loves AC/DC, which is why she’s sold on the Idea....it has to be the Luci Vault to tie in with her colour scheme....I’ve measured the space to the right of the jukebox and would leave enough room to stand and play no problem... already have the IM in the extension which was 1st pin and she loves it, my Mrs hates most things I like apart from Pinball ?....this would make the room more interesting :) 24BD8EE0-2269-4CC6-89F8-AF89062AC731.jpeg

Yeah, she loves AC/DC, which is why she’s sold on the Idea....it has to be the Luci Vault to tie in with her colour scheme....I’ve measured the space to the right of the jukebox and would leave enough room to stand and play no problem... already have the IM in the extension which was 1st pin and she loves it, my Mrs hates most things I like apart from Pinball ?....this would make the room more interesting :)

Looks like it would fit in nicely there :) One thing to consider is (assuming you're putting it lengthways along the wall) there wont be enough room to remove the glass with the jukebox sitting there. I don't know what AC/DC is like for stuck balls, but I've removed the glass mid game before to retrieve a ball on GB :)

Shouldn't be too much of a pain to move the table out though with some suitable sliders on the feet.

Looks like it would fit in nicely there :) One thing to consider is (assuming you're putting it lengthways along the wall) there wont be enough room to remove the glass with the jukebox sitting there. I don't know what AC/DC is like for stuck balls, but I've removed the glass mid game before to retrieve a ball on GB :)

Shouldn't be too much of a pain to move the table out though with some suitable sliders on the feet.
Good thinking ! The Juke Box is on wheels but your right, another consideration...?

I've temporarily put one in the living room before but don't want one there permanently as it looks out of place in mine. I keep mine in the dining room, as long as I have mushy peas it's fine.

Last edited:
If you are wanting an ac dc luci vault you better get an order in quick as it’s the last run this month then will be discontinued
Yep, been trying to get a good price on BNIB, think your right on that.....think this is last chance saloon ?

The Mrs. has green lighted for me to get a 2nd Pin but only space I have left is in the living room. Is this a step too far or has anyone else done it?
I could slot it in next to my jukebox..... thinking ACDC Luci Vault after playing the Pro at Northern Lights :)

I think it's a step too far. Everything in it's place, and Pinball doesn't belong in the lounge. If you don't have a space, make a new one, then put your games in it.

The fact she's green-lighted buying a second machine should be more than enough! Don't test the boundaries too far.

I'd perhaps have a single game in a kitchen/diner area (if i had one), perhaps the new & shiny game that's keeping the most interest, and keep the rest in a dedicated room/space.

Last edited:
My living room tends to be a stop off point for all new arrivals, its easier to work on a machine there than when its sandwiched into a lineup. Saying that, some do outstay their welcome, Who Dunnit has been squatting in my living room for a few months now :rolleyes:.

I had one in the dining room, that became three, and after a while I was 'advised' to buy a mancave in the garden by er indoors.

Back
Top Bottom