What's new

pinball in glasgow - list and maintenance thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugemscloud

Registered
started this on another forum due to dispapointment at a very poorly maintained table and have now moved it over here as i thought it could be of benefit to members here. if anyone has updates even if its just a more recent "all okay" than previous or finds new tables then please post and i'll update this accordingly.

Hong Kong Express (chinese takeaway) sauchiehall st/charing cross 2 doors down from nice 'n sleazys
current table - bally - champion pub
condition - no faults at present - 22.12.12
cost - 50p play
previous tables - williams - world cup 94, sega - batman and robin
important additional info - this machine may be switched off by staff during the day, staff will write directly on machine glass if it has a fault Ermm, ask politely for it to be switched on if it is off

The following four locations are believed to be in rotation so you may find a different table than as stated here, there are also two tables for which the current locations are unknown

Solid Rock Cafe
current table - stern - ACDC (regular version)
condition - right flipper has an electronics fault is jamming open it can be reset by pressing the left flipper button, playfield is starting to get pretty worn as well as heavily worn rubbers, plastic stuck under right targets meaning you can't complete set, seemed unbalanced as well (bias to the right) - 9.11.12
cost - 50p play 5 for £2 - replay at 16.2mil
previous tables - stern - avatar (in 2011) and stern - rolling stones (2011-2012) now in king tut's

Reardons (across from solid rock)
stern - simpsons pinball party - removed from reardons around october/november 2012 not seen since
condition - history of poorly maintained when on site - some worn rubbers only fault at present - 10.2.12
cost - 50p play, 5 for £2
replay - 6mil - increases in increments of 3 mil when playing/winning free credits, resets when no replay is obtained

King Tut's Wah Wah Hut
current table - stern - rolling stones
condition - looks in good cosmetic condition, working condition unknown - 14.11.12
cost - £1 play £2 for 3

Glasgow Airport (amusments section)
current table - stern - batman-the dark knight returns
condition - unknown
cost - 50p play (when sited in wetherspoons on sauchiehall st)

locations no longer used by this operator -

wetherspoons on sauchiehall st -
table - stern - batman dark knight returns
additional info - this appears to have been a location test as machine was sited for only a couple of months

unknown table locations -

stern - avatar - in solid rock in 2011 not seen since
condition - no faults when sited in solid rock
cost - 50p play, 5 for £2

current table - stern - pirates of the carribean
condition - no faults at present - 9.11.12
cost - 50p play 5 for £2 - replay at 5mil

the table line up at the following location may be different particularly until the end of march 2013

HMV Buchanan St
cost - all tables £1 play £2 for 3, except jp - 50p
current tables

Stern - transformers
condition - no faults at present - 8.2.13
replay - ?

Stern - X-men (duluxe?)
condition - possible fault - 10.2.13
replay - ?

Sega - Southpark
condition - no faults at present - 8.2.13
replay - ?

Stern - Shrek
condition - no faults at present - 11.11.12
replay - ?

Stern - Batman
condition - unknown
replay - ?

Stern - Lord of the rings
conditon - uknown
replay - ?

Stern - simpsons pinball party
condition - faults with ball launch - cannot attain skill shot, table seems underpowered, no sound - 8.2.13 - switched off - 10.2.13
replay - ?

HMV at the fort (junction 10 M8) - location to close at the end of march
cost - all tables £1 play £2 for 3

Stern - indiana jones
conditon - no faults at present - 7.1.13
replay - ?

Stern - Pirates of the carribean
condition - no faults at present - 7.1.13
replay - ?

bally/williams - revenge from mars
condition - monitor brightness too high, doesnt affect gameplay but does obscure shots, no other faults at present - 7.1.13
replay - ?

tables now moved to other locations

Sega - X-files
condition - unknown
replay - ?

Data east - jurassic park
condition - coin mech doesn't accept 50ps, T-rex doesnt pick up ball (doesn't affect gameplay or feature), flipper power (both) seemed to fluctuate
other comments - jets didn't seem very reactive when ball went in (could be standard for de tables), t-rex multiball seemed slow to release, and no ball saved feature when on initial ball release or start of multi-ball - 30.1.13
replay - no replay, extra ball at 100mil
cost - 50p play

other now unused locations

osmosis bar (jamaica street on corner at the clyde river)
table - stern - spiderman
additional info - was sited from 2010 until some point in 2011, table has not been seen since

Alright Duncan it's Chris. Simpsons pinball party is back in Reardons, was playing it yesterday. I need to get in and play Champion Pub sometime soon, love that game. Cheers for posting the list.

cheers chris was thinking there might be a few in silverburn as its a big hmv, but havent been there for a good few months. they'll be out of there by april so i dont know where all his tables will go then, as i think there might be a bit too many for buchanan st. i was talking to john on another forum about the acdc i thought it was in what used to be called avalanche up at the back of queen st cheers for confirming, i think i read that on pinformer and was going to investigate next time i was about town. i cant work out how to edit on here but when i get it i'll update the thread on here.

cooldan - no i havent updated pinformer, i was on it the other day by chance (1st time) and a some of the information was very out of date. my intention was to have something that players etc can update on with detail so you can know if its worth your time going to a location rather than being caught out by going to a pub you dont like and the table is unplayable, or at least have other options to hand if you really want a game.

ill go to potters for a game on dredd then, or reardons for a game on pirates. i came here to be of benefit in a small way to this community, with information i and others had gathered in the spirit of community, not to have some ****wit thats locked up in hs house espousing to me about the benefits of a poor outdated format. if you took two seconds to listen to what i said you would realise that this is a much easier way for multiple persons to provide accurate information. how about i go on pinformer and mess up all the information - easily done, how about i try to get someones password or hack their acoount to mess with a thread - cant be ****d. either be of benefit to the thread or stop trolling.

Jugemscloud, I think you have misunderstood Cooldan's intensions. Your above post reads as a little harsh against someone you don't appear to have met, if you have met him then you wouldn't say he locked up in his house as he is at a fair number of events and goes out of his way to play a table.

Pinformer is what a lot of people in the community use to find places to play, if it was kept up to date by the community it would be a great resource though I appreciate it doesn't work for everyone.

ill go to potters for a game on dredd then, or reardons for a game on pirates. i came here to be of benefit in a small way to this community, with information i and others had gathered in the spirit of community, not to have some ****wit thats locked up in hs house espousing to me about the benefits of a poor outdated format. if you took two seconds to listen to what i said you would realise that this is a much easier way for multiple persons to provide accurate information. how about i go on pinformer and mess up all the information - easily done, how about i try to get someones password or hack their acoount to mess with a thread - cant be ****d. either be of benefit to the thread or stop trolling.

you are very close to ****ing me off dude

Wow .....chill out soldier !!! :eeek:

Little bit of an over the top response. Appreciate the info you provided but CoolDan was merely pointing out the existence of Pinformer , which arguably has a wider audience than this forum. To start throwing casual abuse around when you have only just joined the forum is a bit silly.

How about we all kiss, make up and play some pinball.:grouphug: Good grief.

i responded with my reasons to his original question, but the way in which this was posed did grate as if it was expected of me. at no point was there any level of conversation entered into on cooldan's part just flippant remarks/trolling in response to points of discussion. my response may be deemed ott but to me is perfectly justified for these reasons. how many people join up to a forum with something of actual benefit to say/offer? then only to be met in this way by an individual - other members have been welcoming. i appreciate i am new here and cooldan is a fairly well established member but if this is accepted behaviour here i dont want to be a part of a community of that nature, certainly from the responses from admin it doesn't seem so, but i would like a response to points raised.

woah you're serious. ok ok i get it. i thought perhaps with you having just arrived here you may be a little more respectful, but ok i'll answer you.

>cooldan - no i havent updated pinformer, i was on it the other day by chance (1st time) and a some of the information was very out of date.

it was out of date because it hadn't been updated. if you updated that, instead of your other forum thread and now this one, it would be there for everyone to see that doesn't read the forum.

>my intention was to have something that players etc can update on with detail so you can know if its worth your time going to a location rather than being caught out by going to a pub you dont like and the table is unplayable, or at least have other options to hand if you really want a game.

yes, that is exactly what it is for.

>i came here to be of benefit in a small way to this community, with information i and others had gathered in the spirit of community

come on here tomorrow and read how you introduced yourself

>not to have some ****wit thats locked up in hs house espousing to me about the benefits of a poor outdated format.

i just said why not use the community tool instead of making it worthless by posting outside it. thanks for the insults, by the way.

>if you took two seconds to listen to what i said you would realise that this is a much easier way for multiple persons to provide accurate information.

in what way is a forum easier? it's a new forum so it's not well known. it requires that you join up, give an email address, make a password. and (ha!) you have to earn the right to post in some forums by showing yourself to be a normal person in your first ten posts.

>how about i go on pinformer and mess up all the information - easily done, how about i try to get someones password or hack their acoount to mess with a thread - cant be ****d.

why on earth would you do that?

>either be of benefit to the thread or stop trolling.

here i am now, discussing with you why i think using the established method is better than reinventing the wheel. i could say that i went to pinformer today and looked up central London and it was all out of date, so i'm gonna post the correct info here instead. and over there. and a third place. then all i have to do is update them all. ...... or i could just update the pinformer site.

/sigh.

welcome to the site Duncan :rolleyez:

Crumbs.

You have all this up to date info on pinball machines in your area and yet you will not update Pinformer. Your reason for this is that Pinformer is not up to date. Surely you can see the problem with that.
What is the point in people starting thread after thread on here for each town's pinballs when that is exactly what Pinformer is for?

Also, Dan simply asked you a question and then responded to your reply with "That's exactly what it's for :)". Surely you are not getting so upset over that??

i came here to be of benefit in a small way to this community, with information i and others had gathered in the spirit of community, not to have some ****wit thats locked up in hs house espousing to me about the benefits of a poor outdated format. if you took two seconds to listen to what i said you would realise that this is a much easier way for multiple persons to provide accurate information. how about i go on pinformer and mess up all the information - easily done, how about i try to get someones password or hack their acoount to mess with a thread - cant be ****d. either be of benefit to the thread or stop trolling.

You provided a shed load of useful info that is best updated on Pinformer and when asked whether you'd updated it (as that's exactly what that site is used for) you respond with the above to someone you don't know or have any clue as to their contribution to the pinball community....WTF!!!!

i responded with my reasons to his original question, but the way in which this was posed did grate as if it was expected of me. at no point was there any level of conversation entered into on cooldan's part just flippant remarks/trolling in response to points of discussion. my response may be deemed ott but to me is perfectly justified for these reasons. how many people join up to a forum with something of actual benefit to say/offer? then only to be met in this way by an individual - other members have been welcoming. i appreciate i am new here and cooldan is a fairly well established member but if this is accepted behaviour here i dont want to be a part of a community of that nature, certainly from the responses from admin it doesn't seem so, but i would like a response to points raised.

When it's then pointed out that maybe your first response was a bit OTT (which it f*cking was) you respond with this! I re-read this thread before posting just be be sure but I can't see how Dan's responses could have been taken as grating. He asked if you'd put this very useful info on Pinformer, where it could be of most benefit to the biggest audience, and when you said you hadn't he pointed out that was the point of the Pinformer site.....with a smiley face to show he wasn't having a pop at you. I don't see any trolling from Dan in this thread and the only aggro is your quite rude responses to someone who was just trying to help.

If you don't want to be a member of a forum where accepted behaviour is helping new members, by letting them know where the info they have might be of most use to the community, then so be it. On the flip side, I don't expect to be on a forum where new members think it's acceptable to slag off existing members over absolutely nothing and then not have the good sense to see that they might have thrown their toys out of the pram for f*ck all....hopefully you can see my point!

fintan - its inflected tone. im sure we are all aware of how our posts will/could be read, and endavour to present what way say in the light it is intended

it is easier as you have one page of information - ease of use for both readers and person(s) maintaining, meaning not having to create or read ~20 pages of info when its already been done in a condensed format theres also a function called copy and paste makes putting the same information in a different places very easy.

i wasnt aware of pinformer being maintained properly or even a tool currently used within the communty and as you have highlighted yourself is not maintained within the highest population density in the uk, if that doesnt highlight its redundancy then i dont really know what would, its obselete to the point that no one cares enough to maintain it properly, and you only to prove a point. also having the addition of private tables furthers my thoughts on its redundancy - tables that can't be accessed, whats the benefit of that information.

the information as it stands is available to all if you search google for - pinball location glasgow - the thread on the other forum is on the first page of results and can be accessed without having to register for the forum as is the information here.

it is better that people have to sign up to add info why spend a good couple of hours out my life to provide information (that is as i stated, already easily available - just not editable) that could at any point be negated by a difference of opinion, an op taking the hump/lying, or pure mailce. please look at the input on jamma+ that has went into the creation of this list so far to see how it works and then come back with a retort.

this isnt a new forum, 2 years is a long time in the context of electronic information, it may not be in terms of the community but then when talkng about persons outwith cannot have an insular perspective.

i appreciate your point that a users first set of posts is generally considered to be their true introduction to a forum, and agree that this is the case and have explained myself in terms of my statement which i stand by. but you have sad nothng in response to how you have presented yourself to me and have continued to use derogatory launguage and negative inflected tone. i have explained myself please do so in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom