What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in France

Wiredworm

Registered
Been away to Disneyland Paris for a few days with the family.

Highlights from a pinball perspective.

1. Found a Tron Pinball at Disneyland in the Tomorrowland part of the park.
2. Found several pinballs at Dunkirk port. Was really disappointed to see what a terrible state they were in, even more so as my company had affixed signs to them saying 'out of order'. No clue as yet who is meant to be maintaining them but i'll be doing some digging when I get back to the office.

Some photos I took.

No clue what was wrong with it. It was powered up but I didn't fancy taking the chance on dropping coins into it. (Avatar for those wondering)

2015-08-10 12.40.06.jpg

The flipper rubbers on the spiderman had broken and managed to trap the balls. The machine had tilted when I got to it and I presume someone had been trying to free the trapped balls.

2015-08-10 12.40.27.jpg

2015-08-10 12.40.32.jpg

There was also an X-Men. I was quite amazed just how filthy it was considering it's a relatively new machine. It seemed to play ok though.

I'll be finding out who is responsible for these machines. It seems criminal that two out of three machines were out of order with at least one of them only being a relatively minor issue.

Haha I was there 2 weeks ago! Only the x-men was working and I managed to do this mid game:

exNoWthUj

Avatar wouldn't work because it had a busted coin mech (no matter what one I tried nothing worked).

Haha I was there 2 weeks ago! Only the x-men was working and I managed to do this mid game:

exNoWthUj

Avatar wouldn't work because it had a busted coin mech (no matter what one I tried nothing worked).

Whoa! That is a seriously grubby play field!

Whoa! That is a seriously grubby play field!

All 3 games were very dirty, I'm pretty sure that sling rubber on Xmen is supposed to be white. Avatar was probably in the best shape but nobody could play it on account of the dodgy coin mech.

Are they owned by DFDS Seaways @Wiredworm or an op who has a deal with the company?
I very very much doubt that they are owned by DFDS. An op is much more likely although I couldn't find any indication of who it might be. I'm going to drop a line to some of the guys I know over in France to see what I can find out. At the very least I think it's a poor advert for our company when 80% of the games in their 'Arcade' are non-working.

I would have kept those to myself untill I spoke to the owner!

I don't have room for more anyway, but if I can help negotiate something which results in the games being maintained and kept running then of course i'd love to do that. Or, if they end up in someone elses collection then that's also fine; let's face it - most machines end up circulating so whilst I don't have room right now it wouldn't mean that such a machine couldn't end up in my possession at some point in the future. ;-)

There's a couple of good arcades in l'Aiguillion-sur -Mur, one with 14 pins and one down the road with 4.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom