What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball help

Storkers

Registered
Hi newbie after some help /advice, I have an old pinball I have had and used to play been stored for some time, put new plug on and lights up but nothing else, would like advice on getting fixed if poss to play with my young sons, or how much it maybe worth to sell as is,
It's a Bally eight ball dluxe limited edition,inhave the Manual and wiring book with it aswell
Thanks

I'm afraid this is a classic problem with the eight ball deluxe - your machine is worthless and you should sell it to me for a fiver ;-)
Or check the fuses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crikey, where to start.
The lights you are seeing are the General Illumination lights (GI) and they are pretty much powered straight from the transformer on your game.
The reason nothing else is happening is because the game CPU board is not booting. There are a myriad of reasons why this could be from the very simple to very complicated. The first thing to check would be for battery leakage on the CPU board. Try and get some decent quality photos of the boards in the backbox (behind the glass with the artwork on) and post them on here.

This game is one of the better Bally ones from the early 80s. The standard eight ball deluxe is probably more valuable than the limited edition though. The LE was produced to use up some unusually shaped cabinets that Bally had left over. The le is harder to work on and has smaller backglass artwork than the standard version

Value is realistically between 300 (wreck) and 1000 (top notch) depending on condition. A fair condition working one is perhaps 600 to 700. Key to condition:

Playfield wear / fade
Backglass scratches, bubbling, separation of the printed artwork from the glass
Cabinet scratches / fade

New circuit boards are available. The original boards are also repairable unless the battery damage on the mpu is too severe

Best to post some snaps. Decent resolution of the backglasses (inside and out), several of the playfield with the glass removed, front and sides of cab

It could be a 5 minute job to get it playing. Or a man week of work. Damp/ corrosion is a killer

I'll have to try and get some decent pics when can get to it has become a table in garage, I'm not to up on electrics so most goes over my head, I have had someone locally offer me £100 and very keen which is why I thought I would have a look into more

I have had someone locally offer me £100 and very keen which is why I thought I would have a look into more

Sounds like someone is trying to take advantage of your lack of knowledge. Unless you fished it out of a canal it's worth more than £100 :thumbs:

£100 is far too cheap if the game is complete. But you equally have to be realistic. Even if you bought the parts, unless someone fixes it for free, the labour to get this thing going again could prove uneconomic. A dead 1980s game like this might very well require things like

New mpu board £190
3x linear flipper rebuilds £75
Rubber kit £20
3x new flipper bats £20
Mix of things lke a couple of coils, couple of plungers, couple of switches, pop caps, plastics, lane guides, few new connectors, few fuses ... £100 before you know it
Thorough clean, strip the top of the pf down

And then there is the work. Have a look at this thread to give you a flavour. This game is the same sort of thing as yours, same cabinet, same electronics (just different roms) ....

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...pac-maze-another-obsessive-restoration.34712/

At the end of it 600 to 700 sale price perhaps

So after you have checked the fuses in it, if it is still dead, flogging it to an enthusiast stupid enough to put 10 to 40 hours of labour into it is probably the way to go.

Thanks for all the replies and advise will try and get pics at weekend, then see if can poss getting running or perhaps Ebay, would like to keep as had for 17years and would like to play with my young sons , but the wife is not to keen on it taking up room and not working

Back
Top Bottom