What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Finds a Way - Flip Frenzy & Social, Suffolk

Trophies !

Just awaiting more new balls, so ignore the less shiny ones.

These are different than the last ones, no superglue holding the balls on, so no awful visible glue marks plus they won't break if knocked.

However the balls are held on by magnets. So if you win one you'll get the balls packaged separately and can reassemble at home (the magnets aren't strong enough to hold the second and third layers if you chuck em about.

20220526_122155.jpg

20220526_121938.jpg

What an awesome day at the pinhaus again.

Thanks ever so much to @Lecari and @David_Vi for hosting. It's always a great atmosphere at yours and it was brilliant again today. And thanks Lee for the superb chilli and curry

Loved the themed souvenirs again, they're a great touch.

Only downside to visiting is I now want a DE jurassic Park, a black rose, and a diner. And I'm already about 10 pins over where I should be space wise!!

Just back in and what a fantastic day. Huge thanks to @Lecari and @David_Vi for putting on a great tournament. It was so relaxed, great fun, and awesome to catch up with people both old and new.

Claire did a brilliant job as tournament director, and the cheesecake was delicious. Lee did a great job with the chilli and curry, so tasty.

The souvenirs were a great touch, and I was absolutely delighted to win my first pinball trophy, an absolute shock to me, and I still feel like a kid on Christmas morning 🤣.

What a great setting, great machines, great people. Thank you all so much.

A big Thank you Claire and David for a fantastic day of pinball. Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Great relaxed hosting and well done for running a really smoth event. The food was amazing ( biscuits and coffee were delish).
Great to meet some new faces.
Thanks to everyone for all the support. I was over the moon to have won! Top notch trophies!

A huge thank you Claire and David for a relaxed and fun day!
Superb hosting and really well done on running the tournament.
Great food (thanks to Lee for the chilli) and melt in the mouth biscuits!
Great to meet some new faces. Pinball folk are really the nicest bunch of people 😊
Great trophies and I have to say a massive well done to hubby Clive (Mr not so Average!😉) on his win. He is still smiling like a Cheshire Cat!
See you all at Pinfest if not before!

Very many thanks to Claire and David for being such excellent hosts as ever.
Great relaxing day of pinball competition with a lovely, friendly bunch of people.
Also thahnks to Lee for the fab chilli and Claire's cheesecake was as awesome as ever.
Very many congratulations to Clive on his first win (as far as I know) - thoroughly deserved with two storming games in the final to create an unassailable lead.
Also congrats to Andy for second and Lee in third - chuffed for you guys.

Another awesome event at the Pinhaus.
Great hosts, great crowd, great food and a great comp. Well done to all and congrats to the finalists and winners.
I played like a complete tool but still had a blast.
Would loved to have stayed on and been more sociable but Psycho Rommie was getting out of control.
Looking forward to the next one already 👍👍👍👍
20220529_083220.jpg

Another awesome event at the Pinhaus.
Great hosts, great crowd, great food and a great comp. Well done to all and congrats to the finalists and winners.
I played like a complete tool but still had a blast.
Would loved to have stayed on and been more sociable but Psycho Rommie was getting out of control.
Looking forward to the next one already 👍👍👍👍
View attachment 171941
Need a meet where everyone can bring their dogs 😍😍😍

Not sure any pinball would get played though 😂

I'm still in that post event come down😆
You spend weeks thinking about it, planning and getting things right then just like that, it's done!

Firstly a huge thanks to everyone who attended! I played awful but it seemed like at least 3/4 of players were evenly matched! For most of the day it only took one win to push you up the standings. It was fascinating how the wins and losses were close across the board, even for the best players (I have no idea why!)

@Kirpan / Lee deserves major thanks for doing the hot food and setting it up for lunch, also while performing like a champ and ending up in the finals!
Unfortunately I was rejiggerising the queue ready for after lunch and when I finished the hot food was already gone! (More next time please!)

@Lecari well, what can I say, Claire up until the morning right before kick off she had said she didn't want to play and felt she needed to be there to TD and chat 😆. Then she ends up at the top of the standings for most of the day, ending up in playoffs and knocked out in the semi, missing out on a trophy by only 60mil points. (Meanwhile I'm mid lower table with tail between my legs).

Congrats to Dann, a friend of Claire's (and now mine😉) who's been a regular here but hasn't been over since the last big influx of games so didn't know half of them! He attended our Pinball Office comp and finished last so felt he had a lot to prove! Sitting at the top of the standings for most of the day and making the playoffs! Surely he'll be a big mover on the IFPA front page?

And big congratulations to @clive2017 for his win, well deserved! Fought his way from the quarter finals through to the semi with first place scores! He was in the zone! Incredible to witness!,

Like last time we had loads of people staying for a few hours to play pins and be social, I love this. My favourite things about our two events has been seeing people who have been into Pinball for years attending their first event and making new friends, seeing them chatting away in the queue or during lunch then playing games together in the evening.

The finals were gripping! The atmosphere was electric, so much hype and cheering. Fantastic to watch, especially the final game on bk2k with the music!
(I hope my sensitive right sling on bk2k didn't upset anyone 😉 I had to try make it more challenging and less one dimensional after hearing about games lasting forever at other events with that easy catch from the upper playfield)

I'd love to hear opinions on the comp length. I worry 1hr then 2.5hrs is unbalanced but part of me likes the 1hr warm up then complete high speed chaos of the second half! It also allows a later start for those traveling far and fits lunch in nicely.

I hope the souvenirs went down well, another great idea from Claire!

Once again,huge thanks to all for making it such a fun day. Truly the best and most welcoming community I've ever known.

We hope to find a date for our next Flip Frenzy in Autumn, "Here comes the Rush!" I bet you can guess the theme of that one?

Claire will do a little writeup with standings and pics later😁

Last edited:
I'd love to hear opinions on the comp length. I worry 1hr then 2.5hrs is unbalanced but part of me likes the 1hr warm up then complete high speed chaos of the second half! It also allows a later start for those traveling far and fits lunch in nicely.
I think it was as perfect mate, the first session before lunch was relatively calm and steady. But the afternoon session was intense and indeed a “ frenzy”, which I loved. Although I played terrible in the afternoon session!
The waiting time reduced, and it was go go go, loved it, was great fun 🤩

I forgot to add @AndyB with his amazing performance. Someone who doesn't have any pins at home gets to the final and takes away a trophy!
I remember @yellowreggae questioning Andy in the lounge "so you don't have any pins?", "You don't play pins much?" "How are you so good?!" 😆😆

I think it was as perfect mate, the first session before lunch was relatively calm and steady. But the afternoon session was intense and indeed a “ frenzy”, which I loved. Although I played terrible in the afternoon session!
The waiting time reduced, and it was go go go, loved it, was great fun 🤩
Claire added another game in to reduce queue by 2 people. I thought someone had done that by accident at first till she told me.
Intense!
I tried to fix AFM while I was in the shorter queue and felt the pressure 😆

You can thank @DanLewell for requesting a shorter queue in the second half, he asked if I'd put another machine in play!

I don't have anything else to add from what David has said, other than adding in my thanks to everyone who came and made it such a fun and enjoyable day. Extra big thank you to @Kirpan for making the hot food and @Benleigh250 for bringing a lemon drizzle cake. We had no leftover food at all (just 2 slices of cake left!) so that is a real testament to how good it was! And thank you David for helping with Matchplay and a spreadsheet to make the day go smoothly.

As before I've made a Google photos album here, with my photos from the day - please feel free to add your own: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KxDLK6v8o6fmUBcp8

Here are the final standings (submitted to the IFPA last night):
1. Clive Bush
2. Andy Brock
3. Lee Parkin
4. Greg Mott
5. Nick Hamill
6. Claire Lickman
7. Dann Sullivan
8. Gene Aw
9. Diane Bush
10. Barry Doree
11. David Bowery
11. Tim Thornton
13. Gareth Sheills
15. Matt Peck
15. Reece Powell
15. Gareth Arnold
17. Roy Smith
18. Steven Dale
18. Dave Ashton
20. Jim King
21. Dan Lewell
22. Paul Woollard
23. Ben Leigh

Well done Clive, Andy, Lee and Greg - what an amazing finals!

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_140108.jpg
    IMG_20220528_140108.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom