What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball deprecation values

The seeker

Registered
Hi guys, so I was just wondering what sort of deprecation you can expect on say a new machine kept for say 3 years. Huo

Possibly the manufacturer too? I lost £500 on a MET in 6 months (it was a year old title when I bought it). I'd also have thought that keeping hold of NIB machine for three years, unless you have a few other machines to play on to stop you getting bored, would be pretty unlikely.

Really will depend on what it is. For a £4k pro I'd expect it to be down to around 3k. Premiums seem to hold their value a bit more. A couple of ltd editions have actually gone up.

MET seems to have gone down in price a fair bit. Spidermen are also now losing value. AC/DC seems to have held it's value more.

It really does depend on how many the title sold and how the game is considered generally. If you buy the only WWE in the country then maybe it'll hold it's value

Well, pro's are now £5000. I reckon in 3 years time £3250.
LE's are £7500, maybe £5000.
But really does depend on title and how code matures.
So around 30% really.

All down to supply and demand. It's worth noting that a Stern IJ (2008) sold for £1650 on eBay recently, whereas Tron Pro (2011) is currently fetching £3.5k+.

No doubt that titles like WWE will be rare in the future, but will there be any demand?

I struggled to get £4500 for a HUO AC/DC premium about a year ago, don't know how much they were new, top title but depreciated badly (over rated IMO), don't know what they are worth now.

You can expect to loose £500 pretty much as soon as it's unboxed

I'd say after a few years assume best case is 25% hit, worst case maybe 50%.

Many variables - theme, supply, other titles at the time, herd mentality ;-)

Prepare to lose some cash like most hobbies and if you can afford to do so then dive in! Nothing like that nib buzz B-)

I agree, the new price includes VAT and usually also includes warranty and delivery. The real value of a NIB is the net price. Then take away some more once that box is open as it's no longer new, only rarity will push the value back up.

haven't seen any ACDC premiums available recently - there was a spate of them coming up - maybe people trading in to raise dosh for Star Trek. Maybe GoT will inspire similar actions. I really fancy a LUCI - couldnt live with the PRO with that Angus abomination.

Right canon sling drain pain, repetitive tracks, repetitive callouts (esp the canon shot) and no obvious rule set made it a short stay for me + playfield art looks a mess, otherwise it would have been a keeper I'm sure :D

Yes it's the VAT that's the problem .. dealers can't give you anything like what you paid because of the 20% premium .. it's a huge amount :-(

All depends on title as everybody said i think one of the best games to hold its value is star trek pro i am sure if one came up on the 2nd hand market it would be around the 4k mark production finishes at the end of the year so should hold value well bummer about the 20% vat
over 25 wwe in the uk so not that rare would be interesting to see what one goes for on pinball info though

Back
Top Bottom