What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball courier prep

McFly88

Site Supporter
Alias
Nate
I have a machine being picked up by Martin next week and just realised that everyone expects their new machine packaged up a little differently.

I generally don’t mind how they arrive as long as they arrive in the same condition I expected.

Is there an expected norm for prepping a machine and getting it ready for Martin?

depending on the game I tend to wrap with plastic cling film the game and the legs. put foam around the head and then strap with a pallet strap

Neil.

The bottom of the machines I find get damaged alot - especially new sterns. It is hard to protect this - but I always put a blanket or cardboard on the floor when I unload off vehicle.

On a 90s Bally/Williams with a load of knocks I generally strap, pallet wrap and card board around the backbox. I now stick cardboard across all backboxes. So easy to knock thru door frames.

These things are not cheap now. Even those 90s bally williams.

The blankets are also a great idea (thank you @Supersprint - did not realise they are that cheap).

Ratchet strap, Edge protectors, layers of bubblewrap and cardboard where it gets sack trucked.

Every driver makes a mistake so best to make sure, especially with higher end price range.

Take f’ing ages though🍻
D67D7734-8F00-4E6E-9DE0-0FDE80695AD6.jpeg

Ratchet strap, Edge protectors, layers of bubblewrap and cardboard where it gets sack trucked.

Every driver makes a mistake so best to make sure, especially with higher end price range.

Take f’ing ages though🍻
View attachment 197364
Takes ages but is worth it Dave. Most folk sadly cannot be ****d and rely on Martin to take care of things with the minimum of effort on their behalf. I use Hadfields, have done for years without any problems as i and others don`t want to wait forever for Martin to turn up. You are always better putting in the work to protect whatever age of pinball you are moving.

Takes ages but is worth it Dave. Most folk sadly cannot be ****d and rely on Martin to take care of things with the minimum of effort on their behalf. I use Hadfields, have done for years without any problems as i and others don`t want to wait forever for Martin to turn up. You are always better putting in the work to protect whatever age of pinball you are moving.
Hopefully Hadfields will be here this coming week, Marks old BOP is going to Manchester not the one in the pic though. That one went to a barcode up your way😎

My Creech - wrapped snug in some carpet offcuts courtesy of @Garry Sp8 - clear unwrapping instructions also sent which was much appreciated by a newbie. Hadfields delivered incident free.

Attachments

• IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 19
I have to wrap it really well and make sure that is protected. I use bubble wrap, cardboard, strap and then pallet wrap.

It annoys me when people don’t take the effort to wrap it properly, it’s just plain lazy!

This was my last one……

65F07E27-1EF8-4B37-8D9E-6E330B473439.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the advice and examples.

I was on the right track after all ha! Although I have taken the coin box out too as it seemed a little too shaky for me to trust.

Back
Top Bottom