What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball clubs/cafes

Buzzrock

Registered
I was interested if anybody knew of any places where pinball can be played for free for entrance fee etc.

I recently visited the "Tilt coffee shop" in Leicester which had three machines on free play: Doctor who, Fish tales and Bram stokers dracula. Friendly staff and glass bottled cokes took me back.

I'v read about "Special when lit" in salisbury which i may visit.

Anyone else have any similar places to share?

Arcade club in haslingden, not sure if opening times etc but I'm sure Luke or one of the other regulars will chip in shortly
Just had a look, open every saturday night from 6-10 with 12 pinball machines, £10 entry and free drinks.....It looks brilliant. Shame iv missed it tonight :p

Special when lit definitely worth a trip, especially if there's a weekend long event on like the festive pinball gathering.

Probably worth looking at the shows (entry is normally sub £10 and load of machines on free play). NERG 8 Bit Flip and Northern Lights are all up your way (well at least by my lack of Northern geography) UK pinball show in Wales in mid August

There's also the Northern league

Id also recomend going to some of the events. I went to the Southcoast slam last year never played so much pinball. Got to meet a lot of great peeps on here. Went on my tod feeling a right Billy no mates everyone's so welcoming played loads of multi player games great fun

Just had a look, open every saturday night from 6-10 with 12 pinball machines, £10 entry and free drinks.....It looks brilliant. Shame iv missed it tonight :p
It is brilliant, if you get the chance come on down, well worth the visit. Not just pins too, plenty of vid cabs to keep anyone amused for the night

Probably worth looking at the shows (entry is normally sub £10 and load of machines on free play). NERG 8 Bit Flip and Northern Lights are all up your way (well at least by my lack of Northern geography) UK pinball show in Wales in mid August

There's also the Northern league

Is Northern lights in newcastle? may be too far is so. I have looked at joining midlands league

It is brilliant, if you get the chance come on down, well worth the visit. Not just pins too, plenty of vid cabs to keep anyone amused for the night

I may be there next saturday, sounds like a great place

NERG was in Newcastle last weekend. Northern Lights (NLP) is normally part of the Play Expo event in Manchester the second weekend in October

Just to claiffy, a bit of information about the clubs/events so far.

Clubs/arcades

Tilt coffee shop, Leicester
  • Fish tales, Dr Who and Bram stokers Dracula all set to free play
  • Reasonably priced Coffee, glass bottles, food etc
  • Friendly Staff
  • Open Monday-saturday from 9 til 16:30
  • Re-opening early july
  • Free entry (buy something out of courtesy ofc)
  • https://www.facebook.com/tilt.coffeehouse
Special When Lit, Salisbury
  • Open every friday night 6:30 til 10
  • 22-24 different pinball machines on free play
  • Hosts a league
  • £5 entry, £3 for children under 14
  • Festive gatherings
  • Free parking
  • Free tea and coffee
  • other refreshments available
  • http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/
Arcade club, Haslingden
  • Open Saturday 6-10pm, Sunday 12-6pm
  • Free parking
  • Over 100 arcade machines, 12 pinball machines
  • Refreshments available on site
  • £10 entry, £5 children

Events

8 Bit Flip
  • Back late march next year
Northern Lights
  • Part of play expo in Manchester
  • 10/11th October
  • Arcade and Pinball machines
  • £16 a day, £26 for whole weekend
UK Pinball Party
  • 21st-23rd august
  • Methyr Tydfil, south wales
  • Hosted in a pinball factory
  • >100 pinball machines
  • tours
  • machines for sale
  • refreshments available
  • tournaments
  • and more
  • http://ukpinballparty.com/

Last edited:
Just to claiffy, a bit of information about the clubs/events so far.

Special When Lit, Salisbury
  • Open every friday night 6:30 til 10
  • twenty different pinball machines on free play
  • Hosts a league
  • £5 entry, £3 for children under 14
  • http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/

We currently have 24 working machines set up but these will slim down to 22 for the next meet on Sat 1st August.
Also bi-monthly social and league meet held on Saturdays.
Hosts the Festive Pinball Gathering in December (weekend long event).
Free parking.
Free tea and coffee. Reasonably priced soft drinks and confectionary.
Apologies if people aren't finding the staff friendly...! :eek:

And UK pinball party

Edited

We currently have 24 working machines set up but these will slim down to 22 for the next meet on Sat 1st August.
Also bi-monthly social and league meet held on Saturdays.
Hosts the Festive Pinball Gathering in December (weekend long event).
Free parking.
Free tea and coffee. Reasonably priced soft drinks and confectionary.
Apologies if people aren't finding the staff friendly...! :eek:

Edited, apologies, I'v never been, I only referred to it on Tilt because i'v been :p

Back
Top Bottom