What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Bulb info...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Pinball light bulbs

lamput-1.jpg

Here are the most common light bulbs used in pinballs. The #44 and #555 bulbs are used in general illumination and in feature lights. Flashers use #89 and #906 lamps. #86 is not so common but can be found at least in Twilight Zone and Creature. Older EM games use only #44 lamps. Now when the AC voltage has gone up from EM days 220 V to 230 V, it is a good idea to use #47 lamps, that draw less current and generate less heat. Especially in the backbox, where they help reduce heat and backglass paint flaking.

If you go to an electric store with those lamp codes, you will probably come back with empty hands. These types are not generally available over the counter in Europe. This table helps. It shows the bulb socket type and its voltage and current. Also RS order codes, though these bulbs can be obtained from many other places also.

BulbVoltageCurrent/PowerSocketRS code
#446.3 V0.25 ABA9S586-267
#476.3 V0.15 ABA9S587-614
#5556.3 V0.25 A10 mm glass wedge587-973
#8912 V5 WBA15S579-174
#90612 V5 W10 mm glass wedge195-4093
#866 V80 mA5mm glass wedge587-529

Lol - i do too - in fact only last night when changing out some!!

You posted this the day after I worked out that I need a stash of green #86's. The Legend has none in stock though so if anyone has a few spare please PM me.
I don't have any #47's so maybe I should give them a go.

You posted this the day after I worked out that I need a stash of green #86's

Buy yourself a load of clear 86's and a pot of green glass paint from somewhere like Hobbycraft. Dip the bulbs in and voila ;)

Your. Right grizz they are a little dimmer but it also depends on the game they are in,if it has darker plastics they are poor,but they defo save the boards.

I am not sure if painting some bulbs will work out cheaper than they cost to buy. I do know they will look ****er. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom