What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Browser Wizards

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Hi all. I'm wanting to add some tunes to my Metallica. I hear from reliable sources this can be done! I am not a techy type and have a few questions.

How many songs can I add to MET?

Before launching a ball MET loops the first part of the song, can I get it to just play the song without this loop pre plunge?

Can I change the tune that comes up after the final ball has drained?

Can I change the DMD titles to correctly display the new song names?

Is it sacrilege to sneak a Megadeth song on there?

How difficult is all this for an absolute clown like myself?

Should I just pay someone to do it?

Cheers chaps, hope you're having a good day, get out in that sun!

I think you can change them not add to them. It’s not hard but is time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I managed it on my Rolling Stones, but like Neil says all your actually doing is substituting one song for another there are a few videos that help you. It helps if you know where the original songs are played in the game, I.e. if “this” song plays on start up you can substitute “another” but if certain songs are in a certain place with graphics and commentary it might not make sense to change that song, best thing is to give it a go, you can always change it back or overwrite it.
Couple of things I’d add is they have to be the same length of time I.e. 45 second clip, so you probably won’t be able to get rid of the loop and substitute the full song as the program is only looking for a few second sample! and set the volume to something like 300 as that was what the other recordings were set too, but the tutorials make this easy, when you start having a look around there’s loads of sound bits and commentary that make up the audio it’s quite impressive

Last edited:
Cheers fellas. Maybe I'll have a little dabble. This pin needs 'Don't Tread on Me' and one or two others!

When I had my MET it was quite simple to change the text for the song titles.
Iirc it needs the sound file in mono and in a specific bit rate.

Okay, think I've figured out Pinball Browser. Seems simple enough. Only thing I can't work out is how to change the Game Over music and the music when you're entering high scores. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? I'm guessing it has a specific request number or something but not sure.

Iirc it just plays the appropriate clip in the specific song. So game over plays the end of Seek and Destroy for example. Swap out S&D and it changes, or put your own clip over that final couple of bars and record it over the S&D.

I was quite lucky in that the songs I swapped out seemed to fit their other instances quite well.

Thanks @Pooman2084 . That's awesome. So is that how it works, the final bit of the respective song is played during the game over?

Have a look at the Pinball Browser thread on Pinside. There were a lot of games linked that had the address signatures of what sounds occurred and when. I dabbled with it on my Walking Dead.

Okay that was a piece of cake. The main problem is the limitations of the software but it's super slick and easy to use. Removed a couple of the more mellow Metallica tunes and added The Four Horseman and Don't Tread on Me.

I’d love to add Beastie Boys - Sabotage to my Star Trek pin that has custom music already but being a Mac user I’m stuffed (the windows emulator stuff is too much of a faff for me too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom