What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball at the Olympics!

Cmor111

Registered
Just seen a list of sports for the 2020 Olympics, it includes skateboarding shouldn't we push to get pinball as an Olympic Sport?

I had to laugh watching the Replay FX live stream last week when it was remarked "And here demonstrating why Pinball, unfortunately, will never be a televised sport." When the slot kickout on TZ bit the dust and they had to solder the wire back on with the game still on, and there was probably a good 10-15 minute gap while they did this.

I know it's not a serious question but I think with everything that can go wrong on a game, and often does, it's a bit of a pipe dream :oops:

Reactions: DRD
if you had said pinball tournaments would be televised 10 years ago most would have laughed

pinball on TV should be like the old Indoor League program in the 70s but its all gone a bit serious

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Indoor_League

maybe it should be like Darts with walk on music (no version of pinball wizard allowed!!)

re Olympics its the sports v game argument again. one sport they used to have id love to see back is tug of war. give the big lads a chance to shine

Could someone please correct the spelling in the thread title.......drives me nuts....

Well there's always this....
Looks like awesome fun :D.

Gah, beat me to it! This was at the ReplayFX festival just last week, and yep - pretty crazy fun

In all seriousness though, we need to find sponsorship money to invest into making competition play more popular. I suppose it would most likely have to be from Stern on one of the other manufacturers, but in my mind no reason it couldn't be as popular (if not more popular) than something like this - a video arcade game championship. The prize money isn't crazy (same as the recent Pinburgh comp) but the money spent on production, live MCs and all that jazz is just insane

Gah, beat me to it! This was at the ReplayFX festival just last week, and yep - pretty crazy fun

In all seriousness though, we need to find sponsorship money to invest into making competition play more popular. I suppose it would most likely have to be from Stern on one of the other manufacturers, but in my mind no reason it couldn't be as popular (if not more popular) than something like this - a video arcade game championship. The prize money isn't crazy (same as the recent Pinburgh comp) but the money spent on production, live MCs and all that jazz is just insane

Wow, who knew!

Olympic events in recent times included such things as poetry, flower arranging and town planning. Pinball is less daft than that.

Back
Top Bottom