What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball and Covid

DRD

Registered
Since the start of this damned covid business I have found it extremely difficult to find accurate, unbiased information.

I would have thought that Pinball is at the higher risk end of activities from a covid perspective- hot, crowded, indoor, poor ventilation, everyone mauling the same buttons..... Certainly, many of us will have suffered from post event Pinball-flu in the past.

Given that there have now been a few UK pinball events, our community has effectively undertaken some covid-trials of its own.

Have there actually been any covid outbreaks after the UK events- @Neil McRae 's, Daventry, other 2021 tournaments ?

I've only been to one event this year and I took a test before and after (both negative). I carried a little pot of hand sanitiser and were possible I moved well out of the way when it wasn't my turn to play. Any event isn't without risk but if everyone is sensible than they can work well and safely.

Last edited:
I commented offline about this the other day and none of the PinFest staff came down with it.
I also havn't heard of any others suffering after the event.

According to the Zoe Covid Study data approx 1 in 100 people were infected nationally at the end of August.

A accolade to the sanitisation procedure that was in place and also the vaccination status of most (if not all?).

For me, Pinfest followed by a week in Devon at a hell kids camp has convinced me not to worry anymore. Neither me, wife nor kiddo got anything.

Back
Top Bottom