What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Pinball 2000 glass. £150

You don't see this come up very often. I always wondered what I would do if I broke the glass on my RFM when I had one as it doesn't seem readily available.

Last edited:
Size and there this a special mirror finish applied to one side that fades out towards the bottom.

WIth out this special finish you wouldn't see the reflected monitor, and you'd loose more than half of the game. Also if you scratch that surface it can be quite distracting if it's bad enough.

I’d say the condition is excellent, there are only a couple of spots at the edges where the film has scratched away, mainly where the glass is slide in and out. See pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_9765.jpeg
    IMG_9765.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9764.jpeg
    IMG_9764.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9763.jpeg
    IMG_9763.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9762.jpeg
    IMG_9762.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9761.jpeg
    IMG_9761.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 29
It's impossible to value because it would be pick up only, but it might be the only one available in UK but there may be nobody needing one at this point in time (but next week or next month somebody may desperately need one). And nobody has any idea how many are sitting in peoples' sheds.

But, to try to attempt the impossible:

NOS are available in Aus for A$440 (£225). But no shipping, pick up only. When Wiliams closed down pinball in early 2000s container loads were bought by Australia, so they have a lifetime supply; there's probably more playfield glass than there are machines. https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/cabinet/playfield-glass/pinball2000glass.html

NOS were available in US via Planetary Pinball just a few years ago, at US$300 per sheet but currently no stock available and nobody knows if there will ever be more available. Used ones typically traded in US 5 years ago for $150 when NOS were available at $300. Lots of people bought one as a spare. Prices now are more but usually only local pick up. Why would anybody risk shipping to UK? https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm...ode=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-127391

If somebody has a broken glass then it should be worth a lot to them as it may be the only piece available in the UK. And then they would have to pick up from you as I expect you wouldn't ship? But I don't recall anybody posting recently that they had broken their P2K glass and needed a new sheet.

It's probably worth less to anybody buying as an insurance policy in case theirs breaks. They would have to pick up, risk transporting it and risk it breaking in storage. And they may never need it. I'm in this category and at the right price to me would buy a spare and pick up (as I drive by Manchester regularly).

If you want the best price available now I would suggest you reverse auction it on here or put it on ebay. Or if you find somebody that has broken glass you may want to do them a favour and give them first dibs and a decent price so that you get the favour of the pinball gods :)

It's impossible to value because it would be pick up only, but it might be the only one available in UK but there may be nobody needing one at this point in time (but next week or next month somebody may desperately need one). And nobody has any idea how many are sitting in peoples' sheds.

But, to try to attempt the impossible:

NOS are available in Aus for A$440 (£225). But no shipping, pick up only. When Wiliams closed down pinball in early 2000s container loads were bought by Australia, so they have a lifetime supply; there's probably more playfield glass than there are machines. https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/cabinet/playfield-glass/pinball2000glass.html

NOS were available in US via Planetary Pinball just a few years ago, at US$300 per sheet but currently no stock available and nobody knows if there will ever be more available. Used ones typically traded in US 5 years ago for $150 when NOS were available at $300. Lots of people bought one as a spare. Prices now are more but usually only local pick up. Why would anybody risk shipping to UK? https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm...ode=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-127391

If somebody has a broken glass then it should be worth a lot to them as it may be the only piece available in the UK. And then they would have to pick up from you as I expect you wouldn't ship? But I don't recall anybody posting recently that they had broken their P2K glass and needed a new sheet.

It's probably worth less to anybody buying as an insurance policy in case theirs breaks. They would have to pick up, risk transporting it and risk it breaking in storage. And they may never need it. I'm in this category and at the right price to me would buy a spare and pick up (as I drive by Manchester regularly).

If you want the best price available now I would suggest you reverse auction it on here or put it on ebay. Or if you find somebody that has broken glass you may want to do them a favour and give them first dibs and a decent price so that you get the favour of the pinball gods :)
Thanks for the breakdown.

Updated post for sale £150

Back
Top Bottom