What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinball 2000 computer not booting?

pinballtoys

Registered
Alias
Bob Marlow
i've been sent a SW ep1 computer box which doesn't appear to boot up

the prism LED is solid yellow
i don't get any image on the CGA ouput
if i remove this card and plug in a VGA monitor i'm unable to see any boot-up text, because of this i suspect motherboard fault. Has had new caps recently
i'm tempted to try another stick of RAM but haven't got any to try

any ideas please?
cheers Bob

Powersupply first thing to check. All the voltages.

Most the time I get people to upgrade the whole thing, and do not mess about trying to repair motherboards.

Powersupply first thing to check. All the voltages.

Most the time I get people to upgrade the whole thing, and do not mess about trying to repair motherboards.
its got an AT-X power supply fitted so i can measure 5V on the unused AT power connector okay
seems theres good 5V and 12V
but like you imply its probably a 45 year old motherboard

are you interested in sorting this out for a customer, he's around Stanstead airport?

Bob - Phil Palmers SWE1 PC works fine. Grab that off him, I think he wants £200. It works. I am just upgrading a SWE1 to new PC and monitor for him.

Bob - Phil Palmers SWE1 PC works fine. Grab that off him, I think he wants £200. It works. I am just upgrading a SWE1 to new PC and monitor for him.

Thanks Phil
just put in another power supply and now it boots up
i know you said check the voltages first! but i think i can't have checked them properly?
So thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction
although i think i'll grab Phils one in case
cheers Bob

Attachments

• 20230204_174123.jpg
    20230204_174123.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 11
You need all the other voltages on a motherboard.

Yeah - grab the other one.

Dont forget to change batteries on motherboard and prism card whilst it is out. But be careful. Software revision can reset to oldest version on prism card on occasions so make sure you have an old win95 PC with null modem serial cable, not a USB one.

Back
Top Bottom