What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you recommend buying a PIN2DMD Display?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You can Reflash with DFU mode (follow the installation link above).

You’ll need a copy of the .bin file for the version you need.

Make sure to extract or take a copy of your activation file first - as I believe you’ll need to reactivate after reflashing from a clean firmware load.

Which software method are you using? With the EVO PIN2DMD boards I used Lucky’s utility. I had no issues. Using the ST tools were problematic for me.
The DMD's I am trying to update are pinballsp boards which I think use what is called a discovery board, i have tried using ST link and DFU as stated in Pin2dmd instructions, but both will not recognise the display, so you can't select it in the software, the display shows up in device manager and I have also updated he driver using zadig software, driving me crazy

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware? I am in contact with Martin (NetzZWerg) as he is trying to resolve a couple of small issues with the TOM Colour Files. I have heard that upgrading to 3.11 caused a few additional issues with the TOM Colour file, so I held off.
I will try the upgrade to 3.12 if I am able to downgrade to 3.06 if it causes issues.

Martin also stated "I now know, why some of you have issues with the attract mode scores: You have dots between the score numbers and I have a comma. Not sure if you are able to set it to comma somewhere within the rom settings." Does anyone know if this can be changed in the settings?
Appears you can downgrade in the same way you upgrade, by placing the upgrade file on the SD Card. Managed to get back to 3.05. Also managed to change the Dots to Comma's by turning off the Euro mode in the settings :)

Sorry, I have looked but can not find, Anyone able to explain to me the fitting process?

Can anyone explain what this means in the instructions? "DMDST32 DIP2 off or hold boot button and powercycle"

Sorry, I have looked but can not find, Anyone able to explain to me the fitting process?

Fitting process - it’s a straight swap. Remove your old DMD, and replace with your EVO PIN2DMD.

There maybe other steps required depending on your machine - suggest you offer a bit more info of what you’re planning to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update - new stock arrived today - Standard version (128X32).

Will be shipping from Monday.

Best

Mike

@Banzaipinabll - pinballsp's firmware is a pain in the back side to change. You have to use a different method than pointed out on the pin2dmd pages. In the past it is illeged he 'stole' a lot of the firmware for his displays, and his name isnt good for that reason on certain vpin forums. I bought his displays and I liked them

Also if you reflash your firmware - make sure you have the pin2dmd.key file saved - or get it off @MadNat . Reflashing that will remove the registration.

With the colouring - you can change the high score issues in the menu - to do with dots/commas, make sure your jumpers/dip switch is set to USA or UK on certain games.
On TOM it is in this setting:

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 21.00.47.png

Thanks @Pick Holder , still not been able to update firmware, just given up, I have 3, 2 work fine and will leave them, I have one which is faulty, you just get some distortion of the display, I was hoping the firmware update may solve, fault defo on the display, just given up on that one to be fair.[

QUOTE="Pick Holder, post: 350331, member: 2517"]
@Banzaipinabll - pinballsp's firmware is a pain in the back side to change. You have to use a different method than pointed out on the pin2dmd pages. In the past it is illeged he 'stole' a lot of the firmware for his displays, and his name isnt good for that reason on certain vpin forums. I bought his displays and I liked them

Also if you reflash your firmware - make sure you have the pin2dmd.key file saved - or get it off @MadNat . Reflashing that will remove the registration.

With the colouring - you can change the high score issues in the menu - to do with dots/commas, make sure your jumpers/dip switch is set to USA or UK on certain games.
On TOM it is in this setting:

View attachment 109217
[/QUOTE]

anyone managed to get on VPUNIVERSE yet as I still can't ?

Meanwhile until I do does anyone know if Dracula has been colorised yet ??

Cheers

kev

Unfortunately I am have the same problem reported by other in that it doesn't show up in the software.

Did you ever get this working [mention]Andypc [/mention] ?

I noticed while flashing the new batch of EVO boards that occasionally the DFUDemo app didn’t recognise the board.

Just recycling power or pressing RESET while holding down DFU button would always work. Sometimes 2 or 3 attempts. Not more.

Excited about mine, despite the fact that I do not have a DMD pin to put it in yet !! (just system 11 at the moment, but a Williams DMD pin is hopefully not too far away in the future...)

Thanks again MadNat

I made a 10 minute installation tutorial for a struggling member this morning. Thought it might be helpful for others.

Still have some left if anyone would like to upgrade their real pinball or build a virtual pinball.

Have looked through thread, but, can anyone point me in direction of files for TAF?
Thanks

i have tryed to create a account on VPUNIVERSE
could not get a conformation email as it put a dot at the end of the email address
unsure why it is doing that ?

[mention]Pick Holder [/mention] I think you installed a PIN2DMD in a TAF? Do you have a source you can recommend for [mention]simono [/mention]?

it seems to be the software side of things im having trouble with, the 1 board seems to just sit there in the pin2dmd display and wont run the pinball display so tried the other and fiddled a bit with settings and that 1 works but the colour is very random so ive not installed something right but it gives good bright colour

oh and by the way nice 1 madnat thank you for the great work and delivery

Back
Top Bottom