What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you recommend buying a PIN2DMD Display?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mine arrived today and apart from DPD doing their best to destroy to parcel, they arrived intact. Can't thank Mike enough for all his hard work on this. Really appreciated :)

Let me just point out a few things about this group buy....

1 - I did volunteer to help Mike but he steamed on ahead before I could even get me lazy ass over to his place.
2 - He has made no money on this at all and it has taken him days.
3 - He has saved us all well over £100 per display.
4 - He has provided things that I did not get with my £225 display (wiring loom, connectors and memory card adaptor) which kind of started this group buy.
5 - Mike did not run off with £8Ks worth of funds.

COME ON CHAPS - WE REALLY NEED TO BUNG MIKE A FEW £ VIA PAYPAL. BE A NICE GESTURE TO AT LEAST PUT SOME FUNDS TOWARDS SAY A SET OF DECALS FOR HIS TOTAN?

Mike - publish your PayPal address.

If we all chipped in £5 we could pay for his weekend at pinfest (assuming he wanted to go)

An excellent idea as the savings we have made are huge, I would take it one step further and say that £5 per screen Mike built for each of us as this is still nothing in comparison to the overall savings we have made and the hours of work he has put in,

if Mike does not want to put up his pay pal details, perhaps for reasons of modesty, then we all have the bank details he gave us and that we sent the original payment to, we can all send him a donation for all his efforts there if needed of course.

I would also add a personal thank you from me, and will forward my £10 to him by the end of today anyway, and by his preferred method if he let's us know what that is?

Great work and look forward to fitting them both soon

:)

An excellent idea as the savings we have made are huge, I would take it one step further and say that £5 per screen Mike built for each of us as this is still nothing in comparison to the overall savings we have made and the hours of work he has put in,

if Mike does not want to put up his pay pal details, perhaps for reasons of modesty, then we all have the bank details he gave us and that we sent the original payment to, we can all send him a donation for all his efforts there if needed of course.

I would also add a personal thank you from me, and will forward my £10 to him by the end of today anyway, and by his preferred method if he let's us know what that is?

Agreed, will do the same

Thank you all that have sent a "thank you" last night and this morning - really not expected, but very much appreciated. My PayPal account is Mike @ my profile name dot com.

Cheers all
Mike

Yep! Ready to jump in will be using wpcedit :)

I just did our WH20 which is WPC89

I used the taps on J118 - just triple check which is which with ya GND and +12v

View attachment 99690

Taps are easy to use but here's a video. I snipped off the crimped bits provided by Mike and used the taps he included like shown - 3 or 4 inches down the wire of the original plug.

If you want pics of my install let me know
Thanks for the advice and the link, made my installation so easy!! One happy FT and beer tokens sent to Mike, thanks matey!!

Attachments

• 20200118_165719.jpg
    20200118_165719.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 24
Is there a WH20 colourisation already done? I'm assuming not hence why it's started on here. And family guy?

Is there a WH20 colourisation already done? I'm assuming not hence why it's started on here. And family guy?
Family guy is YES - you have to uplaod a 'patched rom' into your game via a USB stick and put one file onto your memory card in the back of the DMD. If you dont have these files - I can send them. Those are free.

I do not think there will be another buy this large again. 80 odd is a hell of a number and it did take Mike ages.

I would maybe order 20 up if the interest is here -but for that quantity they will be £150 each approx plus p&p,

Installed in my getaway this evening :) looks great the file I got for it from vpuniverse works fine apart from the free play screen which seems to ghost behind the flashing “free play” letters anyone else had this ?

Installed in my getaway this evening :) looks great the file I got for it from vpuniverse works fine apart from the free play screen which seems to ghost behind the flashing “free play” letters anyone else had this ?

Did you pay for the files or just used the ones you download for free?

You need the ‘paid’ ones.

I think letting the author know how many folks would want to use the content - could get a good price. Always worth asking I’d say.

The free ones on vpuniverse there is an option to donate. Is there somewhere else I can get them ?

They wont work ! All you are doing is loading the palette and not any of the frame information.

You need two files
pin2dmd.pal and a pin2dmd.fsq
The .vni extension is not usable on a real pin.

You need to PM the authors. They'll give you price and PayPal.
File link is sent after.

They wont work ! All you are doing is loading the palette and not any of the frame information.

You need two files
pin2dmd.pal and a pin2dmd.fsq
The .vni extension is not usable on a real pin.

You need to PM the authors. They'll give you price and PayPal.
File link is sent after.
Have both files from the real pin downloads page they all work apart from the free play animation which when flashing displays a ghost of what was previously displayed behind it. Will take a vid in a sec so you can see what I mean

Im sure this was answered but my games have no colour files yet (wh2o and Tftc).
what do need to get them running with a pallet/solid colour.
hopefully get them installed this week.

Do you think it could be to do with my game being on l-2 rom ?

You need to find out what ROM was used by the author. Indeed you have correct files - most colorauthors dont give the real pin ones away, but it is a BETA. You should report them to him as he should include any corrections in later versions.

Back
Top Bottom