What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you recommend buying a PIN2DMD Display?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The PIN2DMD firmware runs on more than one hardware configuration.

For the EVO series boards (ones that real machines use), WiFi would need an extra board/module fitting. It doesn’t have WiFi fit as standard.

@Lucky1 what benefits does WiFi have for the EVO boards installed in a real pinball?

Wifi is only available on the V3 and V4 shield because of that hardware also beeing used for the go-dmd clock project from Steve.
There has been no real use of that hardware for pin2dmd because of the low bandwidth it offers (1Mbit) and therefore it has been removed from the EVO boards.
The wifi setting in the onscreen menu is only there to deactivate it if mounted.

For a few years i have been interested in a Pin2DMD for my real pinballs
There is very few posts in Australian forums about Pin2DMD
I would like to put them in the following pinballs ,TOM ,WH2O,CV ,Avatar LE and Metallica pro..
one at time ...lol
Just asking is there artwork/ files for them
I was told CV there is no File ?

Would like to get on the list for one but unsure of the cost due to the conversion rate Pound to aud

Next version will be less of a group buy, more discounted forum/early orders concept - delivered from stock.

With the survey I'm trying to work out what options people would like, so I can get the right items in stock at a decent price. Next time I'd have to get things like cables etc made up rather than have to make them myself.

Really appreciate the responses so far - keep them coming in! Survey is here: Register your PIN2DMD Interest (one response per person please).

Thanks
Think I might of registered interest twice hope that's not a problem sorry

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

For a few years i have been interested in a Pin2DMD for my real pinballs
There is very few posts in Australian forums about Pin2DMD
I would like to put them in the following pinballs ,TOM ,WH2O,CV ,Avatar LE and Metallica pro..
one at time ...lol
Just asking is there artwork/ files for them
I was told CV there is no File ?

Would like to get on the list for one but unsure of the cost due to the conversion rate Pound to aud

Just sent one to my brother in Sydney. Shipping is a worry - as they could use some custom packaging to protect them in shipping. Not sure conversion to AUD would be an issue though.

I ran into some problems trying to fit a Pin2DMD in my Data East Lethal Weapon 3 LW3 today. The LED panels on the Pin2DMD are much deeper than the original DMD and push up against the perspex in front. It's practically impossible to get washers / spacers in to lift it clear of the front and would also need longer screws. I also tried it out of the machine and the display / colours was all messed up. The data cable is the same, but are the pins different?

Dropped one in my Williams TOM no problem. Also on my TOM I had one of these cables which made it really easy as you just plug the original plug back in. Is any one able to make these cables?

20200202_114344.jpg20200202_114339.jpg
Any advice would be appreciated?

Andy,
I came here to post almost the same question!!
The pin2DMD fits perfectly in my TFTC but as you said the display is all messed up.

I ran into some problems trying to fit a Pin2DMD in my Data East Lethal Weapon 3 LW3 today. The LED panels on the Pin2DMD are much deeper than the original DMD and push up against the perspex in front. It's practically impossible to get washers / spacers in to lift it clear of the front and would also need longer screws. I also tried it out of the machine and the display / colours was all messed up. The data cable is the same, but are the pins different?

Dropped one in my Williams TOM no problem. Also on my TOM I had one of these cables which made it really easy as you just plug the original plug back in. Is any one able to make these cables?

View attachment 101246View attachment 101245
Any advice would be appreciated?

Hi Andy
I got it running in my lw3 to. had the same problem with fitting it in, it touches the plexi cover witch does'nt disturb me tough..
Cause of problems with the powersupplie i have an external supplie for the soundboard and pin2dmd. With the colors i have no problems, the lw3 is my favorite one from Malenko allthough there are some minor issues. For the adaptercables i sent you a message.
Greetings
Rafal
btw: a push for pin-display.ch witch is allways looking for coloringartists for a complete list of available colorfiles worldwide ;)

Thanks audio freak.
All good now !
Fist time in 6 years I've had a fully working dmd in my tftc!!

Cool
Just got me a TftC a few weeks ago with a broken DMD so guess what is going to be installed as first ;)
Then i will do a dump (recording for colorizing) and give access to everybody hoping that somebody will colorize it.
Will give it a try but with the apollo 13 i didnt get far 🙈

Last edited:
With VPU offline I have been unable to post updates or start testing on my WH20 colour files.

Hoping to have a test version available by Wednesday - depends on a few bugs.

Here's a little preview in the mean time - there are a few errors you can spot in these previews which are mostly fixed or are actual workarounds for slight differences on the real pin. It also looks 100x better on the actual display

Hdh0Qxw.gif

Last edited:
I ran into some problems trying to fit a Pin2DMD in my Data East Lethal Weapon 3 LW3 today. The LED panels on the Pin2DMD are much deeper than the original DMD and push up against the perspex in front. It's practically impossible to get washers / spacers in to lift it clear of the front and would also need longer screws.

Finally got round to having a play with my panels.

First impressions - very very happy [emoji106]

I too had problem fitting it into a DE Star Wars due to thickness of the LED panels. Pressing tight against the clear screen window.

I didn't like the idea of no screen in front of it.

Luckily had some spare standoffs around, cut them down to size.... approx 6mm depth at a guesstimate.... just enough to set the display back behind the clear screen cover.

Still enough length in the original screws to secure it [emoji106]

_20200217_220401.jpg

I fitted my last Pin2dmd to my Theatre of Magic last weekend.
Last night I contacted Martin (NetZWerg) via the vpinball site and for a small donation I now have superb DMD colourisation which has given my already fantastic machine a new lease of life.
I have added a few photographs but as usual they do not do the product justice, and I’m sure that the time and effort that goes into colouring these DMD’s is worth a lot more than I paid.
Thanks from me to all the artists out there and keep up the good work.

E5B74328-D722-4458-83F6-E0E34956B431.jpeg 9547E097-C2A0-4DAD-BB01-9C93EE962A88.jpeg C5BDC82F-E9F8-4CE4-BC8A-FE6FAAFD648D.jpeg

Attachments

• A90A81D9-5F7B-4B09-8E90-ADC56CD5A925.jpeg
    A90A81D9-5F7B-4B09-8E90-ADC56CD5A925.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 57
I fitted my last Pin2dmd to my Theatre of Magic last weekend.
Last night I contacted Martin (NetZWerg) via the vpinball site and for a small donation I now have superb DMD colourisation which has given my already fantastic machine a new lease of life.
I have added a few photographs but as usual they do not do the product justice, and I’m sure that the time and effort that goes into colouring these DMD’s is worth a lot more than I paid.
Thanks from me to all the artists out there and keep up the good work.

View attachment 103135 View attachment 103136 View attachment 103137

Yep done the same with mine. Also donated to NetZWerg for the colourisation and really happy at what he's done.
Looks great

Well, it's taken me this long to fit one of my two displays. TAF got the treatment and it's fantastic with the colour files from NetzZWerg. Just wanted to say thanks to Mike for organising an amazing group buy - really delighted with the new colour display.
Cheers,
Keith

A progress update for those interested in PIN2DMD. The next batch have finally entered fabrication, PCB's complete - board assembly now taking place. Based on the previous experience the units could be in the UK in the next 2 weeks.

There was only enough demand to have the standard version made - so no skinny or XL versions on this batch I'm afraid.

Those who already registered interest - I'll update you seperately via email - so please keep an eye out for that message.

However as mentioned before these are bought for stock, via my VAT registered business (not in furlough!) - so the selling price is £145 each inc VAT, plus shipping. The price is higher than the group buy because:
1 - I have to charge VAT (I can provide a VAT receipt/invoice)
2 - Quantities are not as high as the first group buy
3 - shipping costs from China are very high at the moment
4 - My business is funding the stock/import charges and time to assemble/pack (not me doing everything this time) so need to record a small profit
5 - Dollar/pound rate has weakend since the last buy.

I believe £145 is very good value for a colourDMD.

Will update again when the stock arrives.

Thank you

Yes one here please but not sure what I need to do to get it working/fitted for World Cup Soccer.
Seems good value to me still👍

Back
Top Bottom