What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin Viewing

Scorn

Site Supporter
Dear pinheads

Off to see what could be my first Pin on Sunday. Any tips for what to look for and check. Are there any checks you can run in the software to checksit’s all working in addition to play testing

Any tools I need should I decide to buy it. Taking a large van with me and Farther in law so got that sorted

It’s a Stern POTC apparently brought from a guy in Nottingham 3.5 years ago. Any ideas if they are on here ?

Muchos Gracias

Pete

Generally speaking it’s going to be easier and cheaper to sort electrical gremlins. Check the condition of the playfield and cab to ensure it’s commensurate with the asking price.

Don’t be afraid to have a few games and check it’s all working. Check for errors in the menu and any nasty hacks anywhere. None of these things are deal breakers as long as they’re reflected in the price. Have a look on for sale ads for that title on here to see prices and what a decent one should look like.

It’s a great game so enjoy it. Can’t beat that first pin feeling.

Go into the service menu and see if there are any "Technician Alerts". There will be an asterisk on the first screen that says "Service" if there is.

Check all of the game specific stuff in the Test menu. The tests for each thing should give you the option to move or otherwise trigger events.

Check all of the coils fire, and any magnets as applicable (you'll just hear those). You'll need to pull out the high voltage interlock to test these.

Have a few games on it to make sure switches generally work etc.

Check playfield and ramps for wear. Be wary if the owner says it's barely used but there's ball trails everywhere. The game audits can easily be cleared.

Check boards and underside of playfield.

Cheers all top advice.

Do I move it with the legs on or take them off ?

You need to fold the head down with a bit of cardboard between the head, and the main cabinet for protection, then use a small ratchet strap around them both to keep them together with a few bits of card around the corners to stop the straps damaging the cabinet.

Next the rear legs need removing (get someone to lift the cabinet while you undo them) and lower it to the floor, then use the front legs to tip the machine onto its back (tomb stoned) and finally remove the front legs. Then use a sack barrow to move the pin about

@Scorn are you actually picking the game up from Nottingham as I'm happy to come and give you a hand if so?
Thanks for the kind offer ronsplooter the pins located just outside London so a little out your area.

Another daft question. Do you have to remove the balls before transport. I’m guessing so as they would bounce around if not ?

Yep take balls out and anything else in bottom like coin tray etc these will only bonce around and could possibly break something

Back
Top Bottom