What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pimp my TFTC

Fintan Stack

Registered
Tftc

I've got myself an alternative translite for my Crypty. I'm not sure if I prefer it or not. What do you guys think? I've also messed about with some LEDS in the backbox. So what do you reckon? A or B??

A. (Original)
tftc1.JPG

B.
tftc2.jpg

Original for me. I always prefer the hand drawn look on pins. Not sure why... The second one also looks good, but the images look a lot more 'modern' to me (from the TV series?).

As for LEDs, i love them, but only in the inserts and some GI on certain machines. For the most part i find a mix of coloured bulbs and leds look fantastic. Never really liked leds in the backbox though as they always seem to reflect more light on the playfield glass, blinding the ball path from view. That said, you can always use a glare guard if you simply have to have them in there. Personal preference really.

Now, an animatronic crypt keeper head that pops up from behind the backbox with leds in its eyes, screaming and cackling would be a mod to behold for sure.

Now, an animatronic crypt keeper head that pops up from behind the backbox with leds in its eyes, screaming and cackling would be a mod to behold for sure.

Yes.....Yes! I want this.

Original for me. I always prefer the hand drawn look on pins. Not sure why... The second one also looks good, but the images look a lot more 'modern' to me (from the TV series?)

The original is all hand drawn images based on the TV series. Just to be confusing, the new one features a photo-real likeness of the Crypt Keeper from the TV series but the other images are hand drawn and come from the original EC Comics.

Original for me. I always prefer the hand drawn look on pins. Not sure why... The second one also looks good, but the images look a lot more 'modern' to me (from the TV series?).

As for LEDs, i love them, but only in the inserts and some GI on certain machines. For the most part i find a mix of coloured bulbs and leds look fantastic. Never really liked leds in the backbox though as they always seem to reflect more light on the playfield glass, blinding the ball path from view. That said, you can always use a glare guard if you simply have to have them in there. Personal preference really.

That would b awsome

I got them from some guy called John in the US. (That narrows it down then. Can't be many Johns in America....!)

I found him through Ebay.com. Same guy I got the alternative translite from.

Back
Top Bottom