What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PayPal Friends & Family Charges Heads-up

mufcmufc

Staff member
Alias
Nik
Just a heads up, if you use a credit card with PayPal to make payments. They have changed how they process friends and family payments, they now go through as cash transactions.

This means your credit card provider will charge a handling fee as if you’ve withdrawn the money from a cash machine.

I didn't think you could send payment to friends and family with a Credit Card on file.

I didn't think you could send payment to friends and family with a Credit Card on file.
You definitely can, the lady I just spoke with said they’ve had thousands of complaints this month about people being charged for transactions they regularly make and it turns out they were all F&F

You definitely can, the lady I just spoke with said they’ve had thousands of complaints this month about people being charged for transactions they regularly make and it turns out they were all F&F
Now that I think about it. I remember someone not so long ago buying an expensive game from me and paying via friends and family, he had mentioned something all the lines of "I'll just chuck it on my CC". I didn't think it was possible and thought it was strange at the time.

Thanks for sharing about these new fees.

I think paypal used to charge you to use a CC for friends and family years ago and then possibly stopped when the UK rules for banning charging for CC payments came in.

Maybe they've worked out they dont get charged themselves if they put it through as a cash charge on the CC.

Reactions: JT.
Just a heads up, if you use a credit card with PayPal to make payments. They have changed how they process friends and family payments, they now go through as cash transactions.

This means your credit card provider will charge a handling fee as if you’ve withdrawn the money from a cash machine.
which credit card company did you use?

Back
Top Bottom