What's new

Party Zone scoring issue.

Cmor111

Registered
Got a problem and looking for help from the pinball repair masters, or anyone who's had a similar problem.

The rocket (left) ramp isn't scoring, I've done a switch test by hand and all switches register,

72 Enter Left Ramp
31 Back Ramp Switch
41 Back Ball Popper

This is where my knowledge runs out, if the switches register then they should score, unless I'm missing something that is only gained from experience?

As always I thank anyone who is willing to share their knowledge in helping me grow into a better pinball repair person.

Do a switch test with a ball, not your hand. The pressures exerted are different.

I'll give it a go tomorrow, thanks for the advice. It makes sence when you know what your talking about.

I'll try adjustments and place an order if I need to replace parts, win win situation for both of us.

Thanks again

Hi,

When this problem occurs, is a ball entering the rear ball popper simply punched out straight away, without scoring, or the aerosol-can display animation?. Party Zone tended to break the diode on the ball popper switch; once the program realised the popper switch itself wasn't working, the second switch (whose proper purpose is to score 'Big Bang') served to show a ball getting up there, and prevent a long wait for a ball search, but didn't have the ability to award & advance the O-Zone bonus.

Switch needed adjusting on the back popper as it wasn't making contact when the ball was on it.

Left ramp switch also needed adjusting as it only worked when the ball rolled back out.

Back ramp switch still not working tried changing diode but still not working so will try replacing switch next.

Thanks again for all advice given

Back ramp switch still not working tried changing diode but still not working so will try replacing switch next.

Thanks again for all advice given

Put a meter across it to see if the switch is working, it might save you a lot of time...

Back
Top Bottom