What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owning, almost owning, selling and letting go.

Spadge

Registered
Been a bit of a busy weekend on my pin front. Yesterday I was supposed to take delivery of an Indy Jones, a machine I'd been on the look out a while only for 3 to come up all at once - just like buses. I ended up agreeing a deal for a lovely machine, paid the money but on the eve of delivery, ultimately the owner decided that they wanted to keep it. Despite being a little disappointed, I didn't really kick off about it since I kind of know what it feels.

On the flip side, I have agreed a deal for a 2nd indy, not -quite- as nice as the one I was getting, but plenty of scope for me to work on the machine's features and make it the best it can be, especially with the price difference, which is what I enjoy doing with the machines. Also, I tend to play and enjoy the machines more if I've put something into them.

Oddly enough I've agreed to let one of my collection go, namely Lord of The Rings, I have a great example thats super clean, home use only condition. I decided that to accommodate an Indy Jones (as well as the TZ thats due in 2017) I'd have to wave bye to one.

Well, that was a tough choice and I may regret it at some point, but I'm trying not to think about it.

Of all my machines I've added the least to it since it was in great condition and oddly enough even left it with its bulbs rather than leds since it looks so nice and has lots of fade effects. It had a shaker added in the past, but not properly (3 chips need switching) so I'll do that and wave goodbye. Its nice having met the new owner and I'm happy it'll go to a good home and someone who will look after it - all I shouldn't really care so much :)

The Tolkien theme continues on Tuesday as a BNIB Hobbit LE lands - all 300Kg of it. It remains to be seen if I really enjoy a machine there's not much, if any, tinkering to be done with it. I have a MM LE and I don't spend nearly enough time on it in all consideration, since it's so perfect.

Meanwhile I'm spending lots of time telling my mate to be quiet as he keeps suggesting I expand upstairs into the 2 empty offices we have.... if I do that I know where this will end up and it's already fairly out of hand!

your mate is right. two empty offices sound like perfect pinball play areas. you could easily fit, what, eight in each?

It's a terrible idea. Think about it; you'll have a load of room for more great games, the same great games i also want. They'll never leave your possession.

Do you spend much time playing them?? Your remarks about MMR sound almost disappointed at the lack of tweaking and fiddling required.

My LOTR is also still bulbs, defying my strange addiction to coloured diodes.

Yeah, although i could play more and will do when I've got them how I want them, I'm not far away now. Yeah MMR is a lovely thing, I just like to tinker and thats needed nothing! I did put the colour screen upgrade so that counts :)

yeah expanding to more than 14 machines is a terrible idea...

You could go LED but you'd need both of the LED OCD cards for GI and play field. The game is constantly fading the levels so needs it. I can't imagine it without.

Waiting for the curse of Kilburn to kick in when he realises he can't ride TAF like a free whore after the plumb bob has been wound up
Feel confident my hi score on WH2O will last a while freak game never got anywhere near it B4
After spending time with TOTAN which I've had very little experience of before I get it now it is beautiful a pleasure to play and watch shot right up my my ranking list
But stairs are a piece of P
A Magliner 2 straps 4 bodies and a cat to swing about down stairs just to check glasses can be removed

LOTR is a lovely looking table. Better stop thinking about it or I'll not want to part with it :)

You could go LED but you'd need both of the LED OCD cards for GI and play field. The game is constantly fading the levels so needs it. I can't imagine it without.
There's only an LED OCD for inserts on Sterns. The GI equivalent; GIzmo, merely smooths the ON/OFF action of Leds on the single GI circuit. VERY VERY subtle.

I prefer LED in everything, the old style bulbs just look meh, but each to their own!
I'm pondering bringing some to my work too as so much space here but I think that’s a slippery slope.
Plus you'd get staff/customers playing them all the time which means fixing them more/cabinet scratches and such?!
Probably best just to keep a smaller number at home :confused:

My preference is led for sure. Slippery slope indeed. I had 3/4/5 at home, now 12 here and 14 in total.

Have got 15/16 colleagues and 4-5 play frequently, it has mean fault finding easier as they soon tell me when anythings wrong. Hopefully mostly settled now, especially now the TAF is steady.

Big favourites here are; TAF, WWH20, AFM, MMR, TOTAN, ACDC

Does anyone else have trouble timing the ball for fast inlane shots when using certain LED's? (strobing).

So I appear to have re-bought a machine I bought and re-sold last week. Anyone ever do that?

This Indiana Jones really has been a crusade!

Back
Top Bottom