What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Arcade Cabinets

jonathan

Site Supporter
I used to be into arcades a few years ago but drifted into pins instead.

However someone has just offered me a chinese knock off of one of these.

The originals go for £2500 + shipping :confused:

http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/products/new-delta-cabinet/10326-1.html

newdeltacabinet0103261-1.jpg

I can get this clone version for £500 delivered to my door

forum

Not sure whether to take the plunge or not? I do love a bash on street fighter every now and again?

Any thoughts?

I'm massively into MAME cabs and arcades too but tbh mate, I think that is pretty grim looking :eek: What are the PC specs and features? If your after a new MAME cab then I'd be tempted to get either an Astro City or go old school and get a Defender repro, both look a lot cooler
smile-1.png

It's not a name cab. It's to play jamma boards or direct 360 games. I've never been a fan of mame, always preferred the original arcade boards

I think they've spoiled the lines of the original a bit by having the red leg facing backwards instead of in line with the screen. If that doesn't bother you though, the only question I would have is about the quality of the LCD screen - that looks quite big and to be able to make the whole cab and sell it for £500, I'd be a bit worried that they cut corners with the screen quality - maybe you could see one in the flesh before committing to buy?

It's supposed to be 850. I'm getting it for 425 cos he wants rid

For that money it's worth having especially if you don't mind the look of it too much. You gonna stick it in the garage or is this for the house?

Not too retro. However have seen a LOT worse (most are homemade jobs that appear on Ebay and look like they've been painted by a 2 year olf, or fablonned to within an inch of it's life.

If i had the money, and the room (and the inclination) i would.

Yeah, the screen is a 32' hdtv, proper sanwa sticks and buttons. I think I'm going to go for it, ill get my money back when I move it on. I've had 'proper' candy cabs in the past which were good for arcade boards but this is what I need to just plug in the. 360 and play street fighter, marvel vs capcom etc.

You can pick plenty of pins up for under £500

Who says its got to be a dmd game.

Ok, as you all put me right off the last cab, what about this one? Been offered it for a similar price

243304024_ca00556e4a_z-1.jpg

Its not mine yet. Ill be putting a 360 in it to play SFIV, but Ill be keeping my eye out for SF3 3rd Strike too on CPS3

Those cabs are not the prettiest thing I have ever seen, in fact I think they are pig ugly. Just my view, but then I have never been into that kind of gaming cab.

Don't think you can beat the original game cabs from the classic games.

That's a fair or even good price for one of those, and I would think you could sell it on in 6 months for the same so I can't see a problem with getting it if you want it. I've had an Aero and an Egret 2, both of which I was able to sell on again for what I paid without any bother. Candy cabs are still popular and furthermore, they're popular with a crowd that unlike the early 80's stuff, don't expect everything to be worth £50 these days
wink-1.png

Got an old Killer instinct 2 cab in the house. Has both KI1 and KI2 installed via original boards and a jamma switcher. Got all the mortal Kombat boards too. Dont like all this new arcade stuff really, but that first machine is just gagging for a full gaming pc install for BF3. Add to that a cool BF3 art package and name your price come release day on the 25th.

BF3 would be impossible to play on a control panel. You need 2 sticks to move and look.

Then bin the controls that are currently on it and replace with a smooth surface that you can use a mouse on.

So I picked up my arcade cabinet today! This guys warehouse is like Aladdins Cave!

forum

20111017162708-1.jpg

This guy just imported a container full of machines from Japan

forum

forum

forum

Back
Top Bottom