What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orlando / Disney / Universal Chat

Spoke to arcade monsters this week, they’ve not got plans to change anything major in their pinball lineup anytime soon but will be getting Pulp Fiction at their locations. Quite surprising if they’d not be getting a Jaws.

We’re visiting Orlando again this summer, we’ve done the theme parks (Disney/Universal/Sea World/Kennedy) so this time don’t really want 14 day park tickets, but probably would like to visit a couple of the parks for a day or so each, does anyone know if you can purchase day tickets for the parks?

Also any recommendations on things to do in and around Orlando would be much appreciated.

Chris.

I’m travelling over again this year and hoping to do Universal on a day, what’s the cheapest way to purchase tickets ? Either buy before I go or get discounts over there and pay on the day ?
Any info much appreciated.

does anyone know if you can purchase day tickets for the parks?

You can, but you’ll be paying the highest price if buying at the gate. It’s not something I’ve looked into much, but my friends in the States tend to use Undercover Tourist for park tickets for shorter (1 or 2 day) visits.

I’m travelling over again this year and hoping to do Universal on a day, what’s the cheapest way to purchase tickets ? Either buy before I go or get discounts over there and pay on the day ?

Do you mean literally just one day?

Last edited:
We’re visiting Orlando again this summer, we’ve done the theme parks (Disney/Universal/Sea World/Kennedy) so this time don’t really want 14 day park tickets, but probably would like to visit a couple of the parks for a day or so each, does anyone know if you can purchase day tickets for the parks?

Also any recommendations on things to do in and around Orlando would be much appreciated.

Chris.
I’ll ask one of my friends that lives there for you, let me know which parks you want?

Any info much appreciated.
UK get much cheaper rates, along with 14 day rates as opposed to 7 when there... we actually do get some reasonable breaks from both disney and universal..

Gate prices are just obscene!

Should I buy Universal Orlando tickets in advance?​

Yes, for two reasons:
  1. You’ll get your tickets much cheaper online than on the gate
  2. The 2 and 3 Park Explorer Tickets are only available from the UK and offer the best value for money.

https://www.attractiontickets.com/en or https://www.floridatix.com/park-tickets are the best bets depending on what you are after.

You wont be able to do both universal's in one day... well... not unless you have just 1 or two things to do. Usually a day per park (and there's two of them, Plus Volcano Bay if you want mad wacky water rides and chill time..)

All true @Paul, but the special UK only tickets sold here are for longer visits / multiple park days. Not much point spending £325 on the 14 day Universal ticket if you’re literally only going to go for one day!

A few things come to mind - Arcade Monsters on Intl Drive, Gatorland, Tampa Zoo, Busch Gardens, Winter Park, Icon Park, lots of mini golf options, Fun Spot, swim with Manatees out in Clearwater, airboat tours etc.

You can always visit / eat at / drink at City Walk, Disney Springs, and both Uni and Disney resorts. Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls is one of our favourites, also love Orchid Lounge at Royal Pacific for excellent sushi and The Boathouse at Disney Springs for seafood.

All true @Paul, but the special UK only tickets sold here are for longer visits / multiple park days. Not much point spending £325 on the 14 day Universal ticket if you’re literally only going to go for one day!
There is somewhere that does them tho... name escapes me... Why in my head does their logo being a frog come to mind..... Grrrr.. i will remember...

Got it...

Bit of a saving... not as much as we tend to get in the UK tho for the longer ones.

Park-Park tickets allow you to ride on the hogwarts and do both parks in the same day... 1 park only allows you to go to one side or the other...

Yup Undercover Tourist are where my US based friends get their park tickets for shorter visits. As you say, not as good a saving, but better than paying front gate prices.

It’s also worth checking if an Orlando Informer meet up is happening when you’re over - they’re expensive, but you get loads of free food and very short lines so it’s possible to do most of both parks in one evening. I’d much rather do one OI meet up than one day in the parks. The next one is in June - prob not worth it if you have a 14 day ticket or annual pass though.

When I went last summer I bought Universal tickets over there. It was $350 for two days (both parks). They had a promo 'extra three days free', but this was pretty much the cheapest option for a short visit

Edit: $350 was the pre-tax price. $1121.43 for three of us to spend two days at Universal. Would definitely buy in the UK next time. I'd feel less ripped off, even though I'd be overbuying days

Last edited:
Yes the Universal visit will just be for 1 day as we stay on the Gulf coast and just drive up for the day.
Thanks for all the options will explore a little more and see what deals are out there.
With being Gulf coast Busch Gardens is always a must, really enjoy going there.
D.

Love Montu, and my fave, Cheetah hunt :)

Lots of new stuff coming there over the next 12 months. Didnt get to do it last time because the misses was poorly, however always high on the list :)

BAC7A33A-3A29-4F66-919A-2453C53343F9.jpeg
8A9BB9BD-B125-4B4C-A896-CA4DAC742840.jpeg
Just got back from spending a couple of hours at Arcade Monsters Idrive, $25 unlimited play. Very short walk from Universal Surfside if people want to use the free Universal buses.
These games have been heavily used in comparison to the Oviedo location. The Jaws LE#750 has ball trails on the inlanes that look like black marker pen! Also the ball kept getting stuck here:-

E0053A8D-EB60-481D-A65A-7FFA8C58A6DA.jpeg
Played pretty well otherwise, the volume was turned up LOUD which helped the experience. The shot to the upper playfield is a joke though, attained a few multiball modes and smashing the shark in the face is pretty good fun.

JJP Godfather & Toy Story were the only none Sterns both of which id never played. Not really interested in playing either ever again. Plain awfulness.

GoT & Lotr played very flowy if a tad erratic and bouncy, upper playfield flippers were totally dead on GoT sadly so the ball just drained immediately from up there.

GZ, Avgrs,JP2 all play as you’d expect.

BM66 was set up very oddly, low flippers and orbit shots triggered the overly sensitive slingshots every time, interrupting the flow.
Venom LE#16 had ball search issues every game, not sure what that’s about but the mechs of the ball switch thingy is very cool and makes it very fast and fun. Would definitely like to play this more.

Neither FF or JB played as well as the ones at Pinfest, but they were Chris Bs tbf and his are setup to perfection.

Mando, GoG & SW played in their usual uninspiring bland sterile fashion as I’ve always experienced.

EHOH was flowy as I’d expect sadly the plastic ramp has been damaged and the ball regularly dropped from its path back onto the playfield.

Finally LZ, my lordy after a couple of flips I understood the hatred towards this game. What an absolute garbage fest!! I drained the 3rd ball on my first ever game and don’t want to play it again. It’s an abomination.

So, having been to both Oviedo and here I’d say Oviedo is a superior pinball experience. However that is a fair old journey away from Orlando. For $25 unlimited play on Idrive it’s brilliant. I can see why they’ve yet to add any of their CGC LEs here as they’d be getting a hammering, I kind of hope they don’t get a PF as they’d informed me. As that will take a serious beating :oops:

First time having a family suite in Universal with kitchenette facilities, the microwave has displayed this the whole time so far since Thursday. Most likely coincidental, If it’s intentional that’s next level shiz

B8DDAAAA-37A7-4FF4-AC87-0B4C64F73FA1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom