What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opto boards / leaf switches on a black rose

• Thread starter Deleted member 3624
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3624

Looking for some advice - all the manuals on my Bally black rose say the flipper switches should be opto boards but mine are standard leaf switches is this correct ? See pics - all works fine ( does now I’ve replaced the double leaf on the right hand side )

Attachments

• 6080D68C-09FE-4308-B5F8-83E7E4E8485F.jpeg
    6080D68C-09FE-4308-B5F8-83E7E4E8485F.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 18
  • B5CF887D-E957-4542-BFB9-44443FB06733.jpeg
    B5CF887D-E957-4542-BFB9-44443FB06733.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 17
Looks like there are no extra screw holes so I’d say that one has always had leaf switches. Not seen one with Molex connectors tho I think that’s an owner mod.

Looks like there are no extra screw holes so I’d say that one has always had leaf switches. Not seen one with Molex connectors tho I think that’s an owner mod.
Yes to be honest it looks as though the leaf switches are original in that there’s no redundant screw holes in the cabinet - did they make some without the opto boards - the cabinet graphics are the early ones without red on them ( maybe it’s an early run out machine )

I guess my next question is which is better opto or the leaf switches - must admit my BOP plays a lot smoother than the BR ?

Are there detached connectors for opto boards drifting around on each side? A picture on ipdb shows a Black Rose with opto boards fitted, and 3-pin leaf switch connectors (as in yours) unused.

Comparison with Bride of Pinbot may not really be suitable - it has the older high-current switching arrangement, and couldn't have used opto switching for the cabinet buttons in any case.

Back
Top Bottom