What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One pin for life...

PT82

Registered
What would it be and why? Unlimited budget.

Also what pin do you never want to see/play again? in otherwords hate lol

Prob similar threads but hey ho :)

Would have to be MM or TAF. I know you said one... but...

MM is just perfect for me. Not a fanboy, however I love my Monty Python and the humor sits right alongside MM...
TAF is a machine i just love. The "one" i cut my teeth on as a kid. Variety of shots, Amusing and good theme.

Just to balance....

The one machine i would never have again - TZ. Wanted so much to like it, ended up hating it with a passion :(

I think if i had to pick one and only one... TAF for it's all round fun :)

The T Zone. Lawlors masterpiece. I could talk forever on why I love this machine but I'll keep it short for now :rolleyez: Unique playfield layout .Endlessly inventive, insane ruleset with many many subtle touches that are lost on casual players. Art, lights, sounds. Its the complete package. Like a vintage wine this just gets better with age.

One pin to rule them all...?

I think I would actually go for LOTR.
I have always loved it but would not have given it as my answer in the past. But since owning it I have realised that it's even better than I gave it credit for.
Loads of multiballs, bash toy, ramps, several modes, locks, sort-of mini playfield and even a MM-ripoff falling tower. Plus a great soundtrack, nice lightshow and one of the best multiball starts and callouts ever too - (Two Towers multiball.)
Then there's a mini-wizard mode plus a super-wizard mode. What more could you ask for? It would be a perfect game for a one pin lineup.

One of the greatest games ever made in my opinion. And it's a Stern!! :faint2:

I can't think of any games that I actually hate but, out of all the games I have owned over the years, The Shadow is one that I would not want to own again. Sorry Shadow fans. But it just doesn't do it for me.

I'm a one pin at a time guy and so far haven't found the 'one' if I'm honest.
leat liked from he ones i have owned was TOM. I got bored of it very quickly.

Excellent yet very difficult question as we'd all love a line up on our desert island.

It would be a choice between Indi Jones,STtNG,TSPP and a wild card, Congo. All excellent games IMO. They all just get deeper and deeper the longer the game plays for with Indi having fun video modes also, although most i've not played for a long time.

Owned and played most, and Champion Pub is one i wish to never see again,BORING!!!!

Must admit I've been really shocked how much fun STTNG is. I've never been interested in Star Trek any point in my 43 years so had previously ignored it.
Great game!
:)

Best pin: AFM. I never get bored of the theme, sound, visuals, shots, and every game is different. Better than MM imo.

Worst pin: TZ. I've had 2 and just can't get into it. No flow to the game, I only had one game on it in 5 years that I enjoyed.

Never owned a pin I didn't like so there's nothing I wouldn't have back and any pinball is better than no pinball :rockon:

I can't go for one best pin either, I love my IJ (grail pin) but love BSD and Shadow just as much. LOTR is a game I love and will own, same with TAF.......arrgghhh too hard to decide, I'm going for a lie down :)

Best LOTR or TAF. LOTR is easily the better pin but TAF is the one that dragged me into all this in the first place,

Worst. Toss up between RS and TFTC. Keep thinking I might be missing something with either title but then go and play them again and ugh:puke:

Fun! Regret swapping mine and would like another.

Better than LAH etc. Artworks a bit crappy but the TREX head etc work welll

Tron. I just cant get enough of it. The sounds, the speed, the lights, the feel under my palms as it shakes. Everything about it is fantastic to me.

Next up would be CV or MM. CV because of my obsession with 'copycat' mode and 'join the circus' and MM because of college memories.

I tried but I just can't pick one. EATPM is up there for theme and colours. Tron LE for its whole "experience"
STTNG has a lot going for it, and I love BSD to death.

but just one machine, forever?

I don't know :noidea:

Agree with Fintan on this, LOTR to keep, and TS would be the one never to grace my collection again. :puke:

Noticed that you didn't get on with my old Shadow either then Dean?

Probably have to go with ST:TNG even though I'm not a Trekkie at all

or maybe RBION although I've not had enough games on it but it seems like a 'best of' of a load of other machines

Shadow is also up there in my book....

Ooo we havent had a best/worst pin thread for a while :) Funny how the same games keep popping up again and again.

STTNG was my first, it's the one I hunted down when I finally got myself a pinball machine after lusting after one for years and years due to the memories of playing it all over Manchester in the 90s I still love it to bits but nowadays i realise that some games are even better: the one game I still never ever tire of is AFM. I could play it for 12 hours straight.

The one and only game I 'never' want to play or even see again is XFiles - so much promise, a fantastic theme, but an utterly boll_ocks pinball machine. But then again, any pin is still better than no pin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363838571.755800.jpg

Can't get enough of AFM - that can come along to the island - STTNG, should love it, desperately want to love it, despise it!

a lot of love on hear for Bored of the Rings. set aside at least, an hour of your life to get anywhere. love the sound of relays 'clackin' as you go ' TO BORE !' :bolt:

a lot of love on hear for Bored of the Rings. set aside at least, an hour of your life to get anywhere. love the sound of relays 'clackin' as you go ' TO BORE !' :bolt:

Lol "mr frodos not going anywhere without me"
"To waaaaaaaaaar"
Boring boring boring!!!!! Great fun if you play on your own or have no friends. Have a two player game you may as well stab yourself in the face with a spoon waiting for your go, then have to go through all the sound quotes again and again and again aghhhhhh!!!
But as a single player game and in a big collection LOTR is pretty sweet , hang on this wasn't a slag of LOTR thread was it :)

Ultimate game IMO "the shadow" good bang for buck, great rules, loads of hidden bits and bobs, ramp diverters battlefield loaa of cool stuff, art suits theme well and still around the 1k mark for a shoddy one.

Game i would happily set on fire and i think in a burning aecade i would even rescue ToM first would have to be Roadshow!!!!!!
If you like games based on digging holes in roads this widebody turd is for you :)

Grail pin has to be Creature, When it all come together its awesome.
Worst pin, surprised its not yet been mentioned, Popeye.

I am happy to pay for delivery of all these pins people would burn. :suspicious:

Mmmm, I'd have to go with FH or WW as a keeper for a single pin. Can't decide which. Probably FH.

Back
Top Bottom