What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale One for the Vintage Mac Computer Geeks

Yup, that is cool. In my first year at uni one of the lasses had exactly this machine. The Apple brand certainly wasn't as widespread as it is now.

Apple was massive in the early 80's, certainly in the states as there were not as many organisations making microcomputers with custom OS's. Then Apple lost it's way and sales declined due to in fighting and other management issues. Steve Jobs was kicked out in 85 and formed another company called NeXT that created the Openstep operating system. Apple then bought NeXT in 96, bring back Jobs and then using Opensteps as the basis of OSX that powers all Macs since. From 98 onwards they have certainly built a market based on being desirable with a touch of quality.

I have too many old computers to be buying more for nostalgia reasons. ;)

Ah the days of having a room full of old computers 'to play about with'. I used to have a whole cupboard dedicated to old macs!, but then i met a girl and got married and phrases like "what's all this ****..?" started springing up and guess what, now i have none, but lots of 'lovely' cushions.... :(

Ah the days of having a room full of old computers 'to play about with'. I used to have a whole cupboard dedicated to old macs!, but then i met a girl and got married and phrases like "what's all this ****..?" started springing up and guess what, now i have none, but lots of 'lovely' cushions.... :(
Are we married to the same woman? I've got lots, nay too many, cushions and no more Macs either.

The proportion of cushions vs old computers has gone the same way in my house. Maybe it is just what happens after they move in?
I think there's some kind of secret organisation that they all belong to.... Cushions are a curse!! What's the point of having a sofa if you can't actually sit on it for all the damn cushions already sitting on it!!!

Heh, same here... no cushions though thankfully.

Lost count of the number of Powerbooks I had at one time. Still got several 180's/165's and still using one connected to my EMU Emulator II sampler. OS 7.1 !

Heh, same here... no cushions though thankfully.

Lost count of the number of Powerbooks I had at one time. Still got several 180's/165's and still using one connected to my EMU Emulator II sampler. OS 7.1 !
You got an EMU? AWESOME++ I still have a Roland Alpha Juno 2 from my '90s techno days :)

PS. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Took me ages to find a spot on the sofa underneath all the f****** cushions...

Yeah, the EII was part of a large collection of vintage gear until I sold them to fund pinballs !

Nice Roland synth the Alpha Juno's. One of the membrane switch crew I think, all the rage at that particular time. Not seen or played one of those for a long time....

Yep, membrane switches and jog wheel. Not the easiest to program although once I switched from Amiga/Atari to PC for sequencing it was easy as there was a MIDI editor. The Alpha Juno's were famous for the "Hoover" sound used by The Prodigy, but made the most beautiful sweeping strings and pads.

Junos p*ssed all over the DX FM Synths that came about soon after and were all the rage... I fell into the trap buying a DX27 and regretted it almost the same day I got it home.

Had one before and should never have sold it... the Juno 60. Great for programming, memories and that Roland chorus that made the pad sounds so good. Getting towards £1K these days for a nice one of those. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom