What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Gottlieb Keys

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Anyone know where I can get some old 60s keys cut? I have a machine and one key and would like to be some more cut. Went into local key cutters and they just scoffed. Any ideas? Cheers.

Jb

I might be able to help, send me a picture via pm.
Hi mate, thanks. Sorry did not get email notification that you had replied. Am out of the country at the mo but yes will send you a pic of both sides. Thank you!

Is there a number on them, and post a pic, I have loadsa keys here
Cheers Poi, yes will do that. Clearly not spending enough time on here my watched threads sometime don’t email me to let me know there has been a reply. Probably why I am always last to know about for sale stuff aswell 🙂

Cheers Poi, yes will do that. Clearly not spending enough time on here my watched threads sometime don’t email me to let me know there has been a reply. Probably why I am always last to know about for sale stuff aswell [emoji846]

Shouldnt make any difference how much time you are on here Biff - should Still work!

Will take a look later today and see if there are any issues on this end [emoji1303]

@Biff same experience here with 60's Bally keys which are stamped "Fort Lock Co. Chicago Ill. USA" maybe the same did Gott's. I like to keep the original stuff too and the local lockies went to some trouble sending images back to hq but to no avail.

yeah those bally backbox keys are a nightmare to get a copy cut,I had one copied by one of those fancy "we cut any key" machines,and it was nothing like the original and didn't work,I couldn't get my £6 back either as it was just a machine on site,not owned by the Store it was sited in.

Shouldnt make any difference how much time you are on here Biff - should Still work!

Will take a look later today and see if there are any issues on this end [emoji1303]
Great, thanks.

Images of key. Anyone have one I can have please?

Attachments

• 2312AAAB-E916-452D-86F3-56D7C71A2287.jpeg
    2312AAAB-E916-452D-86F3-56D7C71A2287.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 0EFEA308-A0C6-4C18-BF83-71B9DCB018D5.jpeg
    0EFEA308-A0C6-4C18-BF83-71B9DCB018D5.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 24
Ruffler & Walker were a distributor, changing to Ruffler & Deith and then Deith Leisure. Keys like that were in use on pool tables when I was a serviceman in the 90's; the manufacturers (Hazelgrove) fitted No. 2178 (or was it 2718?) as standard, and at work we had exclusive use of another number.

Adding; when not marked for R&W, the name I recall for this type is 'Regent'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom