What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off to NYC any recommendations

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
As title suggests I’m off to NYC and wondering if any decent pin bars/arcade that warrant a visit.
Also anything worth a purchase while there pin or non pin related, ie Heavens Door Bourbon which is $51 there and if you can get the stuff about £150 here in the good old U.K.
Any other must see places I may have missed in the past (been a couple of times) and done the obvious ones like empire, twin towers before/after, Lugers steakhouse in Brooklyn mmmmm

Any suggestions greatly a[predicted as we have 5 days/nights

Thx Col

Pinball... Sunshine Laundromat... Jack Bar...
Beer... Other Half Brewery
Cocktails... Attaboy, Dead Rabbit...
Food... Ivan Ramen, Clinton St Bakery (best pancakes in NYC), Katz Deli, Milk Bar for the Ice Cream...
Sightseeing... I look doing random stuff like street art... Natural History Museum, Guggenheim...
Shows... Blue Man Group... Hamilton...

Solid State in Queens is well worth a visit for both the beer and pins.
Sunshine Laundromat is also a must.
I simply wouldn't bother with Modern.

Non pinball related, One World Observatory is amazing, significantly better than both Rockefeller Centre and Empire State building, both for views, queuing and overall experience.

Jack bar and launderette,
For me the best attraction by a country mile is the aircraft carrier museum, superb bit of history and has a space shuttle, Concorde and Cold War nuclear submarine. True Awesomeness ,

Sunshine laundrette in Brooklyn a must. Easy to get to on the subway. Bar & pins open at midday to late. Only the laundry is open in the morning.
If you have a car try the silverball museum at Ashbury Park in New Jersey. 100s on free play.
pinball life can deliver to your hotel. Avoids freight and vat so some parts may be cheaper than buying in the UK.
Broadway shows, Central Park, Guggenheim, street vendor hot dogs, the ice rink, Empire State or almost any roof top bar.

Back
Top Bottom