What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd sound issue on WH20

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Hi Guys,

My WH20 has started having sound issues. Sometimes I boot it and the sound has gone quiet, sometimes I get effects but no call outs, and sometimes it works perfectly!!
Before I start pulling it all to bits anyone come across this before? Suspect cables or chips to reseat etc

Cheers in advance

Kev

Hi Guys,

My WH20 has started having sound issues. Sometimes I boot it and the sound has gone quiet, sometimes I get effects but no call outs, and sometimes it works perfectly!!
Before I start pulling it all to bits anyone come across this before? Suspect cables or chips to reseat etc

Cheers in advance

Kev

6.24.5.4 Distorted or slightly "off" sounds
pinwiki.com_wiki_images_thumb_b_b8_PreDCSSoundBoardC38NotStuff43c841ae87692827c7303d17b6e39372.jpg
pinwiki.com_wiki_skins_common_images_magnify_clip.png

The pre-DCS sound board uses 47µF capacitors as filters in the sound circuit; C15, C36, and C38. If one or more of these caps fail, certain sounds may not be as loud or as clear as intended. The game will just sound "off" with perhaps slightly unbalanced sounds. An amazingly high percentage of these caps fail. It is recommended that if your sounds are a bit "off" that you replace all of these caps.

Just a fiddly as any other board work. Desolder from the back, jobs a fish.

Kev !
It's he machine telling you to sell it to me :D

Sorry couldn't resist ,hope you get it fixed soon :)
haha!!!! cheers Carl !!

Thanks guys will check out those cappys and see what they are looking like - but first, as soon as I have a minute, some reseating off all cables and socketed chips

Cheers

kev

Back
Top Bottom