What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now That's Pinball! - Social and Flip Frenzy - Suffolk - One space

So far!

Andy B @AndyB
Dan Lewell @DanLewell
David Bowery David_Vi
Effie lewell
Greg Mott @robotgreg
Ian Walmsley @windoesnot
Lee Parkin
Matt Peck
Paul Woollard (pax?)
Steven Dale @Doggard

A couple sent without using family and friends, but no problem as it was more than £5!
Probably me, sorry my bad. More worried about getting payment through on time, and didn’t check 🤦‍♂️

Looking forward to seeing a few people I know and some new faces no doubt I’ll be seeing some of you at SWL in a couple of weeks time!

First Post has player list.. Updating it when possible. Up to 14

David_Vi added a new event:

Now That's Pinball! - Social and Flip Frenzy tournament - Suffolk

Player list (updated 1245 21/11)

Players
  1. Andy B @AndyB
  2. Ben Leigh @benleigh
  3. Dan Lewell @DanLewell
  4. David Bowery @David_Vi
  5. Effie lewell
  6. Gareth Shiells
  7. Greg Mott @robotgreg
  8. Ian Walmsley @windoesnot
  9. James Reed @MajesticPinball
  10. Lee Parkin
  11. Matt Peck
  12. Mark Squires
  13. Paul Adams @pinballbazaar
  14. Paul Woollard @PAX
  15. Roy Smith
  16. Steven Dale @Doggard
  17. Marc Gatwood
  18. Steve Gatwood
Waitlist
  1. Fubar

REGISTRATION CLOSED! If you're interested please message or comment to go onto waitlist for cancellations.

Read more about this event...
You got are names wrong it's Jim gatward and Marc gatward

Really happy and pleasantly surprised at the numbers who registered! Even a couple of my friends who have got into pinball through me managed to get in.

To be honest 18 is going to be tight but we'll try make it work and if its that troublesome we'll lower numbers next time around.

16 would work great with flip frenzy and 6 machines. 18 means a bigger queue of 6 people waiting (although things do move fast).
Saying that, there might be a 7th machine in January, not sure yet! But it'll definitely help.
Also we may two people who are here just to help out and enjoy the social aspects.

All the details in the first post are all you need for January, except the address which we'll send out at least a month in advance. Hope that's OK, and any questions please ask.

We're new to this but hope it goes well!

Would you have space to fit a few extra machines if participants were willing to bring them along for the day?

If this is your way of getting off the waitlist.. 🤣🤣
It's a nightmare getting machines in here, especially B/W because the heads don't fit through one of the door frames.
Sterns and Data east get in but still a faff. So I'm not sure it's something you'd want to do in a short space of time, but I'd be open to looking at the possibility 😁😉

20211122_115027.jpg
This is the pinball room, which is a work in progress.. It's not meant to have pins in it yet, but needed to space them out! You can see theres room for a lot in here, especially if temporary 👍🏻

Trust me. Whoever is in the queue behind me will have a VERY short wait

It'll be a laugh 😄
I think a lot of us are general players, but with flip frenzy it can be luck of the draw, for example at a flip frenzy in Blackpool, Claire ended up playing Andy Foster at least twice, whereas I never did.
So you might end up in the semi at least 😁

It's going to be chaos I tell you!

Also there might be two more pins by then, seeing how @Lecari and I are enablers to each others pinball buying.
One probably a loaner, but not sure yet!

Last edited:
Hi all, looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks. We are planning on shortening the practice / social time and extending the Flip Frenzy to 3 hours (rather than 2) - so running straight through from 1400 to 1700, with no break. Our thinking being, in the queue you can chat and have a comfort break if needed. Food will be out from 12 so there will be plenty of time to eat too. This way will maximise people's play time and less standing around waiting.

Let me know if any problems!

All sounds good to me
Being my first comp I’ve no idea what to expect, so happy to go with the flow.
Really looking forward to it, although slightly nervous ( social anxiety 😕)

All sounds good to me
Being my first comp I’ve no idea what to expect, so happy to go with the flow.
Really looking forward to it, although slightly nervous ( social anxiety 😕)

We're both new to comps compared to most people here and Claire found her first two a bit scary but really it's about having fun and isn't that serious!
It's just structured fun!

Hey all!

You should all get a message with info for the event today! If you haven't received anything by 1800 let me know.
If you'd prefer it via email please message me with your email address.

If anyone doesn't think they will make it please let us know
👍

We've also altered the times slightly but It should be ok with all, if not let us know.

Back
Top Bottom